+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending First Landing Date

sk179

Feb 26, 2017
Hi guys,
I have already received PR and I need to do first landing before 18-May.
My father has been diagnosed with critical illness - it is becoming very hard to plan for a date of arrival.
Does anyone know if this date can be extended? I heard i can contact immigration department, and if i can send over my fathers report they might consider it.
I would need to take medical test again, but could get an extension.

Does someone have an experience on this?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
You could write an explanation letter and send all these details and they should consider that.

Else also you could do soft landing. Land before may 17, stay for 1 or 2 days max and travel back. You will receive your PR at the address you give in Canada.

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
If you read your PPR letter, you will know that the only alternative to not being able to land within the given time is to apply for EE again.
NOTE: Visa Validity
The issuance of your Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit
your passport(s) as requested.
Once you receive your Permanent Resident document(s), please verify the information on it is correct. If
there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform London
immediately. Your name will appear in the same format as it appears in your passport.
Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or
earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependant children (if applicable) expire on an
earlier date.
You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they
expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada
before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and
paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in
force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.