+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending a Young Professionals Visa

Captain007

Feb 28, 2018
Hello everyone!

So, my Young Professionals, Visa that was activated in January 2018 will be coming to an end next year. I am doing research on extending my stay in Canada through Express Entry and have stumbled upon this information about extending a Young Professionals Visa:

You can apply to extend your International Experience Canada work permit if:

• you’re a Young Professional or an International Co-op (Internship) participant,
  • your employer’s original offer of employment was for a shorter period of time than the amount you’re eligible for, and
  • your new offer of employment is
    • for the remaining amount of time that you’re eligible for, and
    • with the same employer for the same job (including same location and duties).
You can’t extend your International Experience Canada work permit if:

• you’ve received a new offer of employment from the same employer to work in a different job or at a different address, or
  • you want to change employers without a valid reason.

My question is: Can I extend my YP visa with the employer? My work permit was issued for a full duration, so 1 year. The statement above is a little confusing to me, do I need to comply with all 3 requirements above or can I extend the visa even though it was issued for a full year I was entitled to?

Thanks for your help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone!

So, my Young Professionals, Visa that was activated in January 2018 will be coming to an end next year. I am doing research on extending my stay in Canada through Express Entry and have stumbled upon this information about extending a Young Professionals Visa:

You can apply to extend your International Experience Canada work permit if:

• you’re a Young Professional or an International Co-op (Internship) participant,
  • your employer’s original offer of employment was for a shorter period of time than the amount you’re eligible for, and
  • your new offer of employment is
    • for the remaining amount of time that you’re eligible for, and
    • with the same employer for the same job (including same location and duties).
You can’t extend your International Experience Canada work permit if:

• you’ve received a new offer of employment from the same employer to work in a different job or at a different address, or
  • you want to change employers without a valid reason.

My question is: Can I extend my YP visa with the employer? My work permit was issued for a full duration, so 1 year. The statement above is a little confusing to me, do I need to comply with all 3 requirements above or can I extend the visa even though it was issued for a full year I was entitled to?

Thanks for your help.
No, you can't extend it beyond your entitlement. You have to meet all three conditions.