App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
AOR Received.
01-09-2017
Med's Request
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2017
Hi I have a question regarding the difference between a visitor permit and a visitor visa.

Back in February I applied to extend my stay here in Canada and after a 4 month wait i finally was approved and received a temporary visitor permit and was told i had till November to stay. I recently applied to extend that permit because they haven't processed my permanent resident application yet.

But as I was reapplying i came across some information that says a permit is different than a visa. Does anyone here know what the difference is?

Also is there any chance I could get denied an extension of my permit?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi I have a question regarding the difference between a visitor permit and a visitor visa.

Back in February I applied to extend my stay here in Canada and after a 4 month wait i finally was approved and received a temporary visitor permit and was told i had till November to stay. I recently applied to extend that permit because they haven't processed my permanent resident application yet.

But as I was reapplying i came across some information that says a permit is different than a visa. Does anyone here know what the difference is?

Also is there any chance I could get denied an extension of my permit?
Visas are for entering Canada. If you're already in Canada, you wouldn't need a visa, but rather an extension of status or a permit as a temporary resident.

More on TRPs: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/permits/eligibility.asp