+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extended my study permit but what about the visa on the passport?

abouhaa

Feb 29, 2016
hello, I am an international student who applied to extend my study permit, just got my permit back 2 days ago; but the visa I have on the passport is still expired and I guess that's what allows me to leave and enter the country.
Can anyone help me on how to renew my visa and the procedure on where and how to send my passport and to who?
Thanks a lot

abouhaa

Feb 29, 2016
didn't get anything yet in the mail but they sent an email from IRCC saying that they will send the permit by mail to the given address.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to apply for TRV(temporary resident visa). Login into "MY CIC" account. you will get the checklist. you have to upload some documents like you did while applying for study permit extension. you have to pay $100 and after reviewing your file, they will ask you to send your passport to them.
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

abouhaa said:
didn't get anything yet in the mail but they sent an email from IRCC saying that they will send the permit by mail to the given address.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I said it for TRV not for PGWP or SP extension. For TRV you need to send your passport when they will request you.
Regina said:
No. When you application for PGWP (or SP extension) has been approved they send you a message to your MyCIC account stating they MAILED important papers to you . That's it.