+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended my PGWP after renewing my passport. What will happen to my SIN expiry?

sabir777

Oct 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

I just recently got my PGWP extended for another year as my initial one was short due to my passport expiry date. Everything is all good now, but my SIN is now expired as it lined up with my last PGWP expiry date, so I have a couple questions...

1. How do I go about renewing my SIN?
2. Can I work while my SIN is expired? I remember reading somewhere about "implied status" and wasn't sure if this was true or not.

Thanks!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone,

I just recently got my PGWP extended for another year as my initial one was short due to my passport expiry date. Everything is all good now, but my SIN is now expired as it lined up with my last PGWP expiry date, so I have a couple questions...

1. How do I go about renewing my SIN?
2. Can I work while my SIN is expired? I remember reading somewhere about "implied status" and wasn't sure if this was true or not.

Thanks!!
1. Go to the nearest Canada Service Centre with a copy of you new Work Permit. They will extend the validity of the SIN
2. You may find an employer who checks when they submit their payroll taxes that your sin is invalid. Implied status does not apply to SINs,