+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended Family Member Process

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hello everyone,

As some of you may know, today all couples and loved ones who have been separated from border closure can finally apply to be allowed to enter Canasa under this process.

Now, a lot of confusion has been out there in regards of the form it must be filled out.

In my case, I am the national foreign, from Honduras and I hold a valid visitor visa for up to 10 years already.
My boyfriend is a Canadian citizen, we started dating over a year ago and he visited me on July 2019 and I visited him in Canada on Dec2019-Jan 2020.
He is doesnt have any health issues and lives alone at his home.
With this said our concerns are the following:

1. On the application form we have to sign, where do you recommend to sign? Since the format did not exactly had that specified correctly

2. Is it an electronic sign? Or do I have to print it, sign it, scan it, send it and my bf prints it and takes it to the notary?

3. Since I already have a valid visa, can I still simply email IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. to get their authorization? It doesn't really say anything about extended family members, it just says if someone is processing a Visa or if you are immediate family member that you dont need one.

4. Since my boyfriend lives alone, and in fact in an area very far away from people,
Can I quarantine with him?
Does he has to quarantine with me? (Since he has to work and I doubt they will give 14 days off for that)

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Regards

Naalelnak

Sep 5, 2020
Me (UK citizen) and my Canadian Fiancé completed ours yesterday and i submitted it today.

Electronic signature is fine, it says on it ' i agree by typing my name, i am electronically signing my application'. so just type your name and thats it. I filled in my details, signed it electronically and added the date and emailed it to my fiancé in Canada who had it notarised and stamped. She then scanned it and sent it back to me.

Using the webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) i added details of why i meet the new exemption rules and some additional details around why im going, where id quarantine etc. then it lets you add the supporting documentation so just upload the notarised form. I selected ETA from the first dropdown on the webform, then Case specific enquiries.

Little bit frustrating they don't send a confirmation email, just an onscreen notice saying successfully submitted, and no timeframe for processing either so jus ta waiting game for the written authorisation from them.

Reactions: LindsayS and cham29

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Me (UK citizen) and my Canadian Fiancé completed ours yesterday and i submitted it today.

Electronic signature is fine, it says on it ' i agree by typing my name, i am electronically signing my application'. so just type your name and thats it. I filled in my details, signed it electronically and added the date and emailed it to my fiancé in Canada who had it notarised and stamped. She then scanned it and sent it back to me.

Using the webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) i added details of why i meet the new exemption rules and some additional details around why im going, where id quarantine etc. then it lets you add the supporting documentation so just upload the notarised form. I selected ETA from the first dropdown on the webform, then Case specific enquiries.

Little bit frustrating they don't send a confirmation email, just an onscreen notice saying successfully submitted, and no timeframe for processing either so jus ta waiting game for the written authorisation from them.
Frustrating as it may be , but at least the Government has implemented measures to bring someone to Canada , versus before when there was none .

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi,

can someone advise me please, because I am filling this form for my brother (5 years old)who is a minor anD he is coming over here with my parents. Does he need to sign the form? If yes then how? He does not know. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

As some of you may know, today all couples and loved ones who have been separated from border closure can finally apply to be allowed to enter Canasa under this process.

Now, a lot of confusion has been out there in regards of the form it must be filled out.

In my case, I am the national foreign, from Honduras and I hold a valid visitor visa for up to 10 years already.
My boyfriend is a Canadian citizen, we started dating over a year ago and he visited me on July 2019 and I visited him in Canada on Dec2019-Jan 2020.
He is doesnt have any health issues and lives alone at his home.
With this said our concerns are the following:

1. On the application form we have to sign, where do you recommend to sign? Since the format did not exactly had that specified correctly

2. Is it an electronic sign? Or do I have to print it, sign it, scan it, send it and my bf prints it and takes it to the notary?

3. Since I already have a valid visa, can I still simply email IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. to get their authorization? It doesn't really say anything about extended family members, it just says if someone is processing a Visa or if you are immediate family member that you dont need one.

4. Since my boyfriend lives alone, and in fact in an area very far away from people,
Can I quarantine with him?
Does he has to quarantine with me? (Since he has to work and I doubt they will give 14 days off for that)

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Regards
Would suggest waiting to see if he gets approved first. You can apply but people are not guaranteed visas. You can only quarantine in the same home if he quarantines with you or you can remain isolated from him where you have your own bathroom like a basement things can be left at the door for you.

gentlesoul78

Jun 16, 2020

Hi, I am a UK citizen( Adult ) and my dad and my siblings( my younger sister ) are Canadians. Who do you think is better to invite me to Canada using the 'authorization and Statutory declaration form( IMM 0006 )? I have the ETA already

BriaJ

Oct 15, 2020
I am an American citizen, my boyfriend is a Canadian Permanent Resident. We have been dating for two years and have traveled to see each other many times. When he came to Canada he was in a common law marriage but is not anymore. Does anyone know if that will affect me going over there or his stuff when he applies for citizenship for Canada? How thorough is their research when approving or denying people.

cham29

Oct 19, 2020

Little bit frustrating they don't send a confirmation email, just an onscreen notice saying successfully submitted, and no timeframe for processing either so jus ta waiting game for the written authorisation
Hi, I am a UK citizen( Adult ) and my dad and my siblings( my younger sister ) are Canadians. Who do you think is better to invite me to Canada using the 'authorization and Statutory declaration form( IMM 0006 )? I have the ETA already
Hello, I am currently facing a similar situation, as this is time sensitive for me and my girlfriend, we have called the IRCC, however the agents couldn’t give us a straight answer, first we were told that the progress time is 2-5 days, then another agent told us that we will receive a response within 14 days. Has anyone received a response yet with regards to the written authorisation with a web form? If, yes how long did it take? Thank you in advance !

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
base on their website its within 14 days may me and my girlfriend submitted form last oct 13 and no response yet

cham29

Oct 19, 2020
base on their website its within 14 days may me and my girlfriend submitted form last oct 13 and no response yet
we applied on the 9th and still nothing, I have seen on Twitter majority hasn’t received a response... this is very frustrating please let me know if anyone hears anything back!

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
we applied on the 9th and still nothing, I have seen on Twitter majority hasn’t received a response... this is very frustrating please let me know if anyone hears anything back!
someone here on thread got a mail from cicc submitted on oct 8 but no reply yet on what status

Last edited:

gentlesoul78

Jun 16, 2020

Hi, i wanna ask where is the space where you added details of why you meet the new exemption rules and some additional details of why you are travelling to canada, where you would quarantine etc . I have already got ETA before because i was in Canada in 2018. I await your prompt reply. Thanks

cham29

Oct 19, 2020
Hi, i wanna ask where is the space where you added details of why you meet the new exemption rules and some additional details of why you are travelling to canada, where you would quarantine etc . I have already got ETA before because i was in Canada in 2018. I await your prompt reply. Thanks
If you have an ETA valid you need to apply the ought web form, in it there is a text box in which you can explain why you are exempted.

gentlesoul78

Jun 16, 2020
If you have an ETA valid you need to apply the ought web form, in it there is a text box in which you can explain why you are exempted.
Do you mean the space below this info:

Your enquiry (required)
Your message must be in English or French, Canada's official languages. (Please limit the text to 1500 characters).

Note: If you are submitting an address change, include your new address (street name, street number, city, province, postal code and country). If you are submitting a change in email address, include and specify your old email address and your new email address.