+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend Visitor Visa to Super Visa

Boyzone

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Hello All,

I applied for Multiple entry Visitor Visa for my parents in Dec 2013 when I was on Work Permit and my PR application was in process. My parents got the Visa till Sept 2014 (validity of my Work Permit and TRV).

However, they were planning to visit me in July but could not come in now due to my Grandfather's demise last month. In the mean time, I got my PR status in March. They are now planning to visit by end of year. So, can I extend their current Visitor Visa to Super Visa with no issues. I mean will the VO raise an eyebrow why they did not come in the first instance and now trying to extend it.

Thanks!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Boyzone said:
Hello All,

I applied for Multiple entry Visitor Visa for my parents in Dec 2013 when I was on Work Permit and my PR application was in process. My parents got the Visa till Sept 2014 (validity of my Work Permit and TRV).

However, they were planning to visit me in July but could not come in now due to my Grandfather's demise last month. In the mean time, I got my PR status in March. They are now planning to visit by end of year. So, can I extend their current Visitor Visa to Super Visa with no issues. I mean will the VO raise an eyebrow why they did not come in the first instance and now trying to extend it.

Thanks!
Did the visitor visa expire? if there is a valid visa already, how can you extend to supervisa?

lost010

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Boyzone said:
Hello All,

Thanks!
I suppose they will not have any problem coming in to Canada.
If asked they can explain why to the immigration officer in the boarder.
In terms of Super visa.... renewal.
It is two years extension i.e:
If you are already in Canada on a temporary resident status, you may apply for a two year extended stay by submitting an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor by mail to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, along with the appropriate fees.
regards
Sam

Boyzone

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
user828 said:
Did the visitor visa expire? if there is a valid visa already, how can you extend to supervisa?
Visitor Visa is valid till Sept 2014, but since they won't come by the validity of the visa, I am thinking to extend it to Super Visa. Or should I apply for a new Super Visa while the current Visa is still valid?

Boyzone

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
lost010 said:
I suppose they will not have any problem coming in to Canada.
If asked they can explain why to the immigration officer in the boarder.
In terms of Super visa.... renewal.
It is two years extension i.e:
If you are already in Canada on a temporary resident status, you may apply for a two year extended stay by submitting an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor by mail to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, along with the appropriate fees.
regards
Sam
Thanks lost010. But, they can't come before the validity of Visa due to rituals. They will come in November and by the time the Visa will be expired. So I was thinking to extend it to Super Visa if possible, or apply for a (new) Super Visa for them from back home.

lost010

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Boyzone said:
Thanks lost010. But, they can't come before the validity of Visa due to rituals. They will come in November and by the time the Visa will be expired. So I was thinking to extend it to Super Visa if possible, or apply for a (new) Super Visa for them from back home.
Ok
let me clear something for you.
a. Extension can only be done when the individual is in Canada.
b. Visa sticker that is obtained are for entry only.
c. when they are here (in the border) the immigration officer will stamp on the password for certain period and then you can extend in future.
d. In our case they have not entered Canada at all (am I right?), then they need to obtain another entry visa (this could be visit/super etc)
hope that helps
regards
Sam

Boyzone

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
lost010 said:
Ok
let me clear something for you.
a. Extension can only be done when the individual is in Canada.
b. Visa sticker that is obtained are for entry only.
c. when they are here (in the border) the immigration officer will stamp on the password for certain period and then you can extend in future.
d. In our case they have not entered Canada at all (am I right?), then they need to obtain another entry visa (this could be visit/super etc)
hope that helps
regards
Sam
Thanks Sam. But, can I apply for a new Visa while the current Visa is valid?