+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend visa while work permit is expired

nancyb

Oct 25, 2019
Hi

I would like to ask about my situation:

My work permit and visa is going to expire on February 22 2019. I am currently working in Canada, and have applied for PR, but it doesn't seem i can get through Express Entry. In the case i want to extend my stay in canada, what should I do? Should I apply for a visitor visa as a visitor or as a worker, or should I restore my worker?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I would like to ask about my situation:

My work permit and visa is going to expire on February 22 2019. I am currently working in Canada, and have applied for PR, but it doesn't seem i can get through Express Entry. In the case i want to extend my stay in canada, what should I do? Should I apply for a visitor visa as a visitor or as a worker, or should I restore my worker?

Thank you
If you want to stay longer, you need to apply to change your status to visitor prior to your permit expiring in Feb. From what you have said, you do not qualify to apply for a new work permit.

nancyb

Oct 25, 2019
I'm going to apply inland. As my understanding, I will be able to work while waiting for my sponsorship and open work permit extension even my work permit is expired?