+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend submission deadline of additional doc requested after Aor

graze

Apr 11, 2018
I was given a month to submit an additional doc. Yet I won't be able to because the other organization takes at least 8 weeks to process.
Is there any chance I can ask for extending the submission deadline if I provide proof that I have applied for the doc?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I was given a month to submit an additional doc. Yet I won't be able to because the other organization takes at least 8 weeks to process.
Is there any chance I can ask for extending the submission deadline if I provide proof that I have applied for the doc?
Try contacting them first and explain the situation with the proof of application.

graze

Apr 11, 2018
Try contacting them first and explain the situation with the proof of application.
Is webform the only way to contact with IRCC?
I have written to them with proof of application.
Does anyone know how strict IRCC is regarding deadline?

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
In my ADR I was requested for a police certificate. IRCC gave me 60 days. As it was not enough time, on the last day of submission I uploaded application form for the police certificate that I filled in at the embassy as well as LOE stating that I was told the issuance of police certificate will take approximately 3 months. I asked IRCC to consider my efforts (applying for certificate early, calling embassy to check on things, gave them embassy contact details). So I was granted additional 60 days.

graze

Apr 11, 2018
In my ADR I was requested for a police certificate. IRCC gave me 60 days. As it was not enough time, on the last day of submission I uploaded application form for the police certificate that I filled in at the embassy as well as LOE stating that I was told the issuance of police certificate will take approximately 3 months. I asked IRCC to consider my efforts (applying for certificate early, calling embassy to check on things, gave them embassy contact details). So I was granted additional 60 days.
Thank you. I feel much better now.
How do you contact them? Using web form and upload application form there?
How do they reply? But sending another letter to your inbox?

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Thank you. I feel much better now.
How do you contact them? Using web form and upload application form there?
How do they reply? But sending another letter to your inbox?
Hi. I combined the application form and LOE in one pdf file and uploaded it in my online account in the placeholder where I was supposed upload the police certificate. IRCC sent me another request letter in the same account couple of days later.

GweenTea

May 30, 2019
Hello, i just want to share that i was in similar case just this week at the time of writing.
My AOR was 07 Nov 2020 and then ADR (Additional Document Request) happened on 25 April 2022 because of Covid19.
The window time that IRCC gave me was only 30 days to submit Medical Report, Schedule A and Police Report since Nov 2020.
Obviously PCC takes time and for me, my PCC was scheduled for collection on 23 May 2022 and it so happens that 23 May 2022 was (or 'will be' at the time of writing this) the same date for deadline submission.

So what i did was:
1) Wrote LOE explaining my case with supporting documents (PCC Payment Proof, Application, Collection Ticket or whatever i feel relevant)
2) Printed the LOE and signed it physically, scanned it as PDF
3) Combined all documents into one PDF and then upload it on the section where I am supposed to upload the PCC. (I did use Webform first but only received generic reply)

Here's the most amazing part, I uploaded on 18 May 2022 (5 days from 23 May, some may argue it's best to submit on the last day. This is also true because the extension they give starts from the day they reply you, not from the original extension date) on 4am Canadian Time and then I got a reply JUST 5 HOURS LATER (9am Canadian Time) saying that they have kindly extended my PCC Submission by 30 days.

Hope my experience can help other people here. :)

Reactions: ashwin.metpalli

HAZZAH

Apr 4, 2023
I reckon I'm quite late to the party but if someone can help me with my situation that'd be great!

Is it necessary to wait for a response on webforms if it will result in me missing my document submission deadline ?
OR
Should I simply send in a webform highlighting passport renewal and go through with submission to VFS without waiting for a response from IRCC ?

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE

kiyone

May 7, 2023
I reckon I'm quite late to the party but if someone can help me with my situation that'd be great!

Is it necessary to wait for a response on webforms if it will result in me missing my document submission deadline ?
OR
Should I simply send in a webform highlighting passport renewal and go through with submission to VFS without waiting for a response from IRCC ?

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE
how did it go for you? did you manage to get a response from the webform?