+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend stay

Lilili171717

May 16, 2020
Hello, I wanted to ask for help I am in Canada and I have a visitor status. I'm trying to extend my visit, what are the required documents for this?

gerlac

Apr 19, 2020
Hi! I was wondering if you could help me on this question, I have applied my 2nd extension last December 2019 and I’m also done with my biometrics but no decision from them still. That 2nd extension is about to expire this June, same with my visa. What do I need to do? Do I need to apply for an extension again before my status expires? Or wait for it and then restore my status? Or do I need to leave because my visitor visa is expiring this June as well. Thank you very much!

VISHAUL9408

Dec 13, 2017
Hey guys my passport is about to be expire and so is my study permit , I applied to renew my passport since February but due to the pandemic I’m waiting for my passport renewal since then, but now without my passport I cannot apply for a extension need help

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020
I passed medical exam for PR in December (applied for PR - family sponsorship outland) in my country.
Having a visitor visa
Arrived in Canada in May using my visitor visa
Thinking to extend my stay in Canada as a visitor until I get PR
My question is - how can I use the results of my previous medical exam (taken in December for PR) for another application for stay extension?

AlexAU

Nov 6, 2019
I passed medical exam for PR in December (applied for PR - family sponsorship outland) in my country.
Having a visitor visa
Arrived in Canada in May using my visitor visa
Thinking to extend my stay in Canada as a visitor until I get PR
My question is - how can I use the results of my previous medical exam (taken in December for PR) for another application for stay extension?
Hey! I have a question for you... How did the CBSA officer behaved? He allowed you to enter even though exemptions were not still in force?
Thanks!

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020
Hey! I have a question for you... How did the CBSA officer behaved? He allowed you to enter even though exemptions were not still in force?
Thanks!
I am in Canada now, so yes, allowed=)

I think now it is easier for spouses to come than it was in May

majaxi

Apr 25, 2017
Anyone try the online application? We made a gckey for my parents to extend their stay but after signing in, there's no option to apply for extension and when we go back to extend stay website, it just asks us to sign in again and it's like a never ending loop. Not sure what's going on there.

Lucky_Rish

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone try the online application? We made a gckey for my parents to extend their stay but after signing in, there's no option to apply for extension and when we go back to extend stay website, it just asks us to sign in again and it's like a never ending loop. Not sure what's going on there.
Hi,
I had the same problem. Try a different browser. I think for me Chrome didn't work but explorer did.

andreslva

Nov 7, 2019
MEXICO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
Hello everybody, hopefully you can help me with a doubt ... 2 days ago, we applied for an extension for my wife to stay in Canada online ... we did it a month before the 6 months period since her passport was not marked or anything with a particular date...

So I suppose she's under implicit status, but my doubt is .. would it really take 100+ days to get an answer?

any help, I'd really appreciate it

Have a nice day...