+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend stay while in Canada

mjw071284

Mar 21, 2015
Hey guys, my partner is in the final stages of her PR, sent of her portal 3 weeks ago and waiting for ecopr (shows decision made) but her post graduate work permit expired on the 26th October. I thought because we have the pr application in she would then go onto maintained/implied status (she's not working) but she does not as she did not apply got a work permit with the pr application. We are now worried this may affect her pr application and wondering what the best thing to do would be. When applying to extend stay as a visitor it says it must be done 30 days before the expiry of your permit which ours would not be. Would it be best for her to go back to Mexico and wait for the ecopr or can we still apply for a visitor visa. She has completed the pr portal which you need to be in Canada for so am I right in thinking it would be alrite for her to leave and wait for ecopr?

Another thing we are thinking is to drive to the border this weekend, cross over and then see if she can come back a visitor/tourist until she's gets her ecopr.

Thanks