extend stay in Canada

sunny2710

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunny2710 said:
hello experts,

i am waiting right now for my decision, if my extension gets approved or refused. I am wondering, if it gets refused, is there any chance that you can REapply immedialty after you receive the refusal ? I received last week my working-contract for next year from my employer in my homecountry, so that would be new proof and evidence that i would leave Canada.

thank you in advance
anybody maybe a answer to my question ? :)

sunny2710

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no not yet .... i sended my application on september 1st. Processing time is about 90 days, so i am still waiting ??? ..... I was just wondering, if the extension gets denied and i am still on implied status, if there is any way you can reapply immediatly after receiving the refusal ?

Thank you in advance

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
I was wondering if your application was approved mentioning to establish a common law relationship as the purpose of your stay?
Im in same situation and Im looking for the right purpose, or how to explain i want to stay longer with my boyfriend so later i can apply for residency,
can anyone help? Thanks

sunny2710

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes it got approved, i could extend my visit till april 2014. Our reason in the application was, that we want to explore more our relationship and that we need to stay for 1 year without interruption together, so that we can apply for common law union and after that starting the Permanent Resident application. I am extending my visa now for the second time, this time i put as reason, that i want to stay with my partner to await the processing time of my PR application.

Make sure that you show in the application that you have enough funds to support yourself, or (and) include a supporting letter from your boyfriend in the application with paysubs, bank statement etc. ..... I included also proof that i have health insurance during my stay, which is very helpful i think.

good luck

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thank you sooo much for your reply, is great to know you got an extension by explaining you needed time for common-law, sorry to bother you with more questions. I was wondering,

-did you explained all this reasons in an extra letter apart from the actual application?

- did you mentioned any date you wanted to leave country? or any reason when you were planing to leave? what about a plane ticket?

- in whats the relationship with person you are visiting did you used partner? or other term?

Thank you!! Is really awesome to get help from people that have been through this :)
Ohh and good luck with your next application.