+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend stay as visitor (family accompanying)

spartanking49

Sep 19, 2017
Hello,

I want to extend my parents stay as visitor, when I am filling all the question after creating GC key login it does not ask for medical for applicant but if I decide to apply for family member accompanying as yes since I want to extend visa for my mom and dad, there is another question comes up

Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year?

Your family member's stay starts on the day they entered Canada and ends on the day they want to leave Canada.

If I select yes then it requires medical exam.

I don't understand if you apply to extend stay as visitor for individual applicant, its not asking for medical but if you are submitting application for both together , it is asking for medical.

Should I submit application individually or just submit the application and wait for CIC to let me know if medical is required or not.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I want to extend my parents stay as visitor, when I am filling all the question after creating GC key login it does not ask for medical for applicant but if I decide to apply for family member accompanying as yes since I want to extend visa for my mom and dad, there is another question comes up

Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year?

Your family member's stay starts on the day they entered Canada and ends on the day they want to leave Canada.

I don't understand if you apply to extend stay as visitor for individual applicant, its not asking for medical but if you are submitting application for both together , it is asking for medical.

Should I submit application individually or just submit the application and wait for CIC to let me know if medical is required or not.
Your family members are not accompanying you they are already in Canada. You need to apply for the extension and CIC will contact you if they want another medical. They will also determine if you get an extension and for how long.

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
Hello,

Did you manage to submit your application. did you submit separate or single application. I also currently have the same issue as you described above, any information would really help to continue the application. My parents got their visitor visa in 2017 and did not go through any medicals or biometrics back then.