+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend spouse's OWP after getting the PGWP

mariels182

Feb 5, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a doubt concerning the extention of my husband's open work permit.
I recently graduated from college and applied for the PGWP (still no answer, I did it online). My question is regarding this informacion from cic:

You're a spouse or family member of someone working or studying temporarily in Canada
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you’re:

• a spouse of a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B approved to work in Canada six months or longer,
  • a spouse of a foreign student at a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university or collège d’enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec,
  • a family member of a foreign representative, or
  • a family member of a foreign military member who is working in Canada.
If your spouse has an open work permit (e.g. post-graduation work permit), you must attach a copy of your spouse’s work permit to your application for an open work permit, along with:

• a letter from your spouse’s current employer that confirms they work there in a NOC 0, A or B occupation, or a copy of your spouse’s employment offer or contract, and
  • a copy of your spouse’s recent pay slips.

How many pay slips should I present? one, two,three...?

I hope you can help me with this doubt I have.

Thank you.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
You said you have recently graduated, but you never said you are employed in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation. If you (not your spouse) are already in such occupation, I assume you would have few pay slips. So, provide all pay slips you (not your spouse) may have. Ideally, you need pay slips for the past 3 months. Good Luck!

mariels182

Feb 5, 2018
You said you have recently graduated, but you never said you are employed in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation. If you (not your spouse) are already in such occupation, I assume you would have few pay slips. So, provide all pay slips you (not your spouse) may have. Ideally, you need pay slips for the past 3 months. Good Luck!
Hi! thank you for your answer.

I graduated on December and I've been working on a NOC -B since Jan 22nd. I think I will get my PGWP on March so we'll be extending his permit then. I'll be having just about 3 pay slips (If I get my permit before I'll be having just 2).

Do you think this doesn't show much? His permit will expire soon. In April.

Thank you!

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hi! thank you for your answer.

I graduated on December and I've been working on a NOC -B since Jan 22nd. I think I will get my PGWP on March so we'll be extending his permit then. I'll be having just about 3 pay slips (If I get my permit before I'll be having just 2).

Do you think this doesn't show much? His permit will expire soon. In April.

Thank you!
3 pay slips are fine. Just wait towards the end of his permit (late March or early April) and then apply for the extension. He will be allowed to stay and work in Canada under implied status until you get a decision on his application. Good Luck!

mariels182

Feb 5, 2018
3 pay slips are fine. Just wait towards the end of his permit (late March or early April) and then apply for the extension. He will be allowed to stay and work in Canada under implied status until you get a decision on his application. Good Luck!
Great!
Thank you.