+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend Post Graduate Work Permit at the border

Silenimt

Nov 25, 2019
Hello,

I graduated from Simon Fraser University with a Bachelor Degree and got my PGWP in September 2018. However, because my passport expires in April 2020, I only got my PGWP till that time. I know, I can extend it online once I get my new passport (will happen in January 2020). An immigration consultant told me that I can try to extend in at the border (flag poling) and I MAY get it. Have anyone tried that before? What are the chances that it will be successful?

Thanks everyone.

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Hello,

I graduated from Simon Fraser University with a Bachelor Degree and got my PGWP in September 2018. However, because my passport expires in April 2020, I only got my PGWP till that time. I know, I can extend it online once I get my new passport (will happen in January 2020). An immigration consultant told me that I can try to extend in at the border (flag poling) and I MAY get it. Have anyone tried that before? What are the chances that it will be successful?

Thanks everyone.
1. Generally extension is not done at the border . You can search this forum for more information. Only one case has been successful that also after lots of convincing.

2. Extension of PGWP is done by paper application and not online ( I do not know if this has changed ).

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
1. Generally extension is not done at the border . You can search this forum for more information. Only one case has been successful that also after lots of convincing.

2. Extension of PGWP is done by paper application and not online ( I do not know if this has changed ).
It's still the same..
Extension has to be done by paper application.