+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend Parent's Visitor Visa

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Hi,

I am planning to extend my parent's visitor's visa. Their 6 months is ending beginning of august.
I have one quick questions. Do they need to go for medical exam?
FYI - They have stayed in Canada only, but they stayed in India last entire year.

So one of the question in the application for is -
"Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year?
Your family member's stay starts on the day they entered Canada and ends on the day they want to leave Canada. (required)"

I need to say YES as they stayed in India for last year. And it seems like they need to go for medical exam?
Anyone recently did the extension of their visitor visa and went for medical exam?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am planning to extend my parent's visitor's visa. Their 6 months is ending beginning of august.
FYI - They have stayed in Canada only, but they stayed in India last entire year.

"Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year?
Your family member's stay starts on the day they entered Canada and ends on the day they want to leave Canada. (required)"

I need to say YES as they stayed in India for last year. And it seems like they need to go for medical exam?
Anyone recently did the extension of their visitor visa and went for medical exam?
They will be asked if a medical exam is required.

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
Hi,

Wanted to know if you managed to get the stay extended. When did you apply, just a month before the expiry of 6 months? Did you have to go through medical test for your parents. Could you provide more information, I am also trying to figure out the stay extension for my parents.

chris0318

Aug 15, 2018
Wanted to know if you managed to get the stay extended. When did you apply, just a month before the expiry of 6 months? Did you have to go through medical test for your parents. Could you provide more information, I am also trying to figure out the stay extension for my parents.
Me too, i'm in the process of extending my mother's stay here and would like more information about how the OP's application went through. Thanks!