+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend my study permit but refused

linkal68

Jun 9, 2019
Hi, I have applied to extend my study permit a few months ago, and during the process, I was notified about supplying additional documents and I did this before the deadline of submission.

But I received a refusal letter:

"Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, i have carefully considered all information and i am not satisfied that you meet the requirements and refugee protection act and regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

Under A16(1), a person who makes an application must answer truthfully to all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. A letter was sent to you on June 2, 2019 requesting all official in-Canada transcripts and a Schedule 'A'. These documents were required to be submitted by June 9th, 2019. As we have not received the documentation in its entirety, your application is refused. "

Can someone give some guidance? I am not sure I need to call IRCC indicating that I have submitted all the required documents, or just apply for restoring my status?

please help!

gengen

May 28, 2019
Sorry I cant answer your question .

but can u plz help me with my questions?thx
1.what documents did they ask you for to extend ?
2. How long was your course?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi, I have applied to extend my study permit a few months ago, and during the process, I was notified about supplying additional documents and I did this before the deadline of submission.

"Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, i have carefully considered all information and i am not satisfied that you meet the requirements and refugee protection act and regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

Under A16(1), a person who makes an application must answer truthfully to all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. A letter was sent to you on June 2, 2019 requesting all official in-Canada transcripts and a Schedule 'A'. These documents were required to be submitted by June 9th, 2019. As we have not received the documentation in its entirety, your application is refused. "

Can someone give some guidance? I am not sure I need to call IRCC indicating that I have submitted all the required documents, or just apply for restoring my status?

please help!
Can you check your myCIC that it actually says submitted for those additional documents and not Uploaded?

If they were submitted in time you should call and webform ircc and tell them they made a mistake.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

please help!

Did you submit Schedule A form ?

linkal68

Jun 9, 2019
Did you submit Schedule A form ?
Yes, I did, I submitted a schedule A IMM5669, and it requires a original signature, so i print the whole form and sign the last page and then upload the scan copy, I am not sure if this is the reason they probably missed it or not.

linkal68

Jun 9, 2019
Can you check your myCIC that it actually says submitted for those additional documents and not Uploaded?

If they were submitted in time you should call and webform ircc and tell them they made a mistake.

Yes I checked immediately, and it says uploaded, and when I upload everything, I receive the positive webpage and took the photo of it as well. But to my surprise, I uploaded it yesterday on Saturday and received a refusal letter today when they are not supposed to work on weekends I suppose, really frustrated about this....

linkal68

Jun 9, 2019
Sorry I cant answer your question .

but can u plz help me with my questions?thx
1.what documents did they ask you for to extend ?
2. How long was your course?

HI,

1. I was required to submit a schedule A and my in-canada transcripts
2. I am currently in the first year of university program and might need 3-4 years to finish a degree.

Thank you!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yes I checked immediately, and it says uploaded, and when I upload everything, I receive the positive webpage and took the photo of it as well. But to my surprise, I uploaded it yesterday on Saturday and received a refusal letter today when they are not supposed to work on weekends I suppose, really frustrated about this....
It should show submitted NOT just uploaded. There are 2 steps, uploading and submitting.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
HI,

1. I was required to submit a schedule A and my in-canada transcripts
2. I am currently in the first year of university program and might need 3-4 years to finish a degree.

Thank you!

How long have you studied in Canada ?
Didn't you get a visa for the entire study program 3-4 years ? OR have you just finished some other program and got enrolled into a new one ?

linkal68

Jun 9, 2019
How long have you studied in Canada ?
Didn't you get a visa for the entire study program 3-4 years ? OR have you just finished some other program and got enrolled into a new one ?

yes i had a previous study permit before, but i transferred to another school because of changing of mind, its kinda a little misunderstanding, so i am not sure if this is the reason i got refused, but i did provide a letter of explanation and indicating all the studies and stays in canada.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
yes i had a previous study permit before, but i transferred to another school because of changing of mind, its kinda a little misunderstanding, so i am not sure if this is the reason i got refused, but i did provide a letter of explanation and indicating all the studies and stays in canada.

So you were enrolled for a 1 Year program and changed schools after completing that program ?

1. Did you finish that program or withdrew and changed school for a different program ?

2. When does your permit expire ?

3. If your permit is valid , re-apply , submit Schedule A and transcripts as well . Mention what happened in SOP .

Also when you reapply , mention you have a rejection for Study Permit , don’t forget to tick the box that says “have you ever been denied or refused”

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
hi
I am in a similar situation like you.
I wonder if your application has been closed when you received the refusal letter.
I think you can appeal the decision by filing a compliant and send to their portal.
BTW how long did it take to finalized your SP extension?