+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ext

Mar 26, 2020
I got to Canada on jan 9th 2020 on a working holiday visa and got a open work permit for one year. My plan was to stay until the end of summer but because of Covid-19 I lost my job and therefor moved back home to Sweden (where I am a citizen). On the back of my work permit it says:

“If you wish to extend you stay in Canada as a temporary resident (visitor, student or worker), you must complete an application AT LEAST 30 DAYS BEFORE the expiry date of you status. To obtain an application kit please go to: http://cic.gc.ca….”

I have looked around and I can’t find a lot of information about temporary resident. The questions i have about it are:

Will I be able to work if a get it?
How long will it last?
Is it hard to obtain?
When should I apply?

I want to go back the upcoming november and want to stay until end of may.

Is there any other options?

Hope any of you can help me :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got to Canada on jan 9th 2020 on a working holiday visa and got a open work permit for one year. My plan was to stay until the end of summer but because of Covid-19 I lost my job and therefor moved back home to Sweden (where I am a citizen). On the back of my work permit it says:

“If you wish to extend you stay in Canada as a temporary resident (visitor, student or worker), you must complete an application AT LEAST 30 DAYS BEFORE the expiry date of you status. To obtain an application kit please go to: http://cic.gc.ca….”

I have looked around and I can’t find a lot of information about temporary resident. The questions i have about it are:

Will I be able to work if a get it?
How long will it last?
Is it hard to obtain?
When should I apply?

I want to go back the upcoming november and want to stay until end of may.

Is there any other options?

Hope any of you can help me :)
Unfortunately that's a generic statement and it does not apply to Working Holiday Visas. WHVs cannot be extended. Your WHV is valid until Jan 9, 2021 only. If you want to work longer, you will need to secure a job offer along with an approved LMIA from that employer so that you can switch over to a closed work permit. Since you are from Sweden, you also have the option of apply for a work permit through the IEC program again - however this would need to be through the Young Professionals or Co-Op stream (not WHV).