+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express rtd processing

Kingofthenorth1378

Jun 28, 2019
Hey guys
About a week ago i sent a request to ircc that one of my close relatives is having a serious cardiac disease and i have to get out of canada for a month and then come back around august . I received an email today that they said
“We understand your concern and we verified the information you provided.” Does it mean that they gonna process my application or its just a general response ?

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
as they didnt refer to the main issue (express RTD issuance) so you can understand that it is only a general respond

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey guys
About a week ago i sent a request to ircc that one of my close relatives is having a serious cardiac disease and i have to get out of canada for a month and then come back around august . I received an email today that they said
“We understand your concern and we verified the information you provided.” Does it mean that they gonna process my application or its just a general response ?
1. I assume you followed the instructions

If you need to travel urgently

You can get travel document services in Canada if you have a valid reason to travel urgently.

Urgent travel reasons include if you’re travelling

• for a medical reason because you have a serious illness
  • because of the serious illness or death of someone you know
  • because you’ll have financial problems from the loss of a job or business
  • to support an essential service
  • for humanitarian reasons
    • You need a letter from your organization that lists the humanitarian reasons.

To apply urgently, fill out the Web form and

• select the category for a certificate of identity or a refugee travel document
  • include your travel date
  • include the reason you need urgent services
2. Otherwise RTD's are not being issued, so if CIC doesn't consider it urgent, you won't be getting one.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think RTD May be one of the departments not functioning or barely functioning. Because of the lack of travel it may have been seen as not a priority. Not sure if anything can be done with urgency these days.