+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry

Noc2993

Jan 23, 2020
Hello all,

My wife and I are in Canada on work permit. My wife has open work permit which is valid till February 2021 and so I got the open work permit with the same validity.

My wife has 2 years of canadian experience and 2 year course in education so she will be the main applicant.

If we put express entry file together, our points are not enough.

Can my wife put her express entry file and say “NO” to the following question?
~~~~Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?~~~~

she will sponsor me once she’ll have her PR. We are not planning to put mine too separately. Is this all ok?

Look forward to answers.

thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

My wife and I are in Canada on work permit. My wife has open work permit which is valid till February 2021 and so I got the open work permit with the same validity.

My wife has 2 years of canadian experience and 2 year course in education so she will be the main applicant.

If we put express entry file together, our points are not enough.

Can my wife put her express entry file and say “NO” to the following question?
~~~~Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?~~~~

she will sponsor me once she’ll have her PR. We are not planning to put mine too separately. Is this all ok?

Look forward to answers.

thank you in advance.
I would recommend that you search the forum (this section and the Express Entry section) for discussions on this topic. There are several of them and a number of people have run into issues lately saying their spouse is non-accompanying if that spouse is already in Canada. Your wife will need to make it extremely clear in her application that the only reason she is listing you as non-accompanying is because she does not have enough points to be selected otherwise. Even when people have done this, we have recently seen a number of cases where IRCC still challenged them on what their spouse was non-accompanying and this created significant application delays. Again, look for these discussions since they contain a great deal of valuable information.

Noc2993

Jan 23, 2020
Thank you for your response. How can she make it extremely clear in her application about listing me as non-accompanying is because she does not have enough points to be selected. What are the ways to put strong reasons?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response. How can she make it extremely clear in her application about listing me as non-accompanying is because she does not have enough points to be selected. What are the ways to put strong reasons?
Again, recommend you look for the past threads that discussed this subject in detail. That's where you'll find the best advice.