Kp1004

Apr 19, 2018
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2020-01-22
Can I apply for express entry showing part time work experience as a administration assistant during my masters degree. I returned from Canada after study permit recently, I got clb 9 the only thing I lack is job experience because I went to Canada dirctly after my masters and I have no full time experience, however I can show a part time experience for 3 or more years as a administrative assistant during my masters. I had no field job experience in Canada as I worked in restaurant as a server, when I was on study permit. Where can I score points to be eligible for express entry.
Age-110
Level of education-128
Study in Canada-15
Official language-136
Official language proficiency and education-50
Grand total- 439
I just need 15 more points so I was wondering if I can show my part time experience while I was studying.wkat are the ways I can get additional points

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
is that part time experience in Canada or outside Canada?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Can I apply for express entry showing part time work experience as a administration assistant during my masters degree. I returned from Canada after study permit recently, I got clb 9 the only thing I lack is job experience because I went to Canada dirctly after my masters and I have no full time experience, however I can show a part time experience for 3 or more years as a administrative assistant during my masters. I had no field job experience in Canada as I worked in restaurant as a server, when I was on study permit. Where can I score points to be eligible for express entry.
Age-110
Level of education-128
Study in Canada-15
Official language-136
Official language proficiency and education-50
Grand total- 439
I just need 15 more points so I was wondering if I can show my part time experience while I was studying.wkat are the ways I can get additional points
Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience
Skilled work experience means you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:
  • Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
  • Professional jobs (skill level A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
You must show that while working in your primary occupation you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must be:
  • in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

You can claim points for work experience gained while you were a full-time student OUTSIDE Canada.
Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as a co-op work term) INSIDE Canada doesn’t count.

Kp1004

Apr 19, 2018
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2020-01-22
It was a part time experience while I was doing my 5 year masters in India . I was also working part time as a administrative assistant for 3 years for UCMAS. I don’t know if your aware of that but it’s a licensed business with franchise all over the world. So actually I tried looking for it in the NOC category but i don’t know what to search for. So please if you can search if this category is valid.
Thanks

CanDok

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-08-2018
Nomination.....
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
01-11-2018
Med's Done....
09-10-2018
It was a part time experience while I was doing my 5 year masters in India . I was also working part time as a administrative assistant for 3 years for UCMAS. I don’t know if your aware of that but it’s a licensed business with franchise all over the world. So actually I tried looking for it in the NOC category but i don’t know what to search for. So please if you can search if this category is valid.
Thanks
Don't know if part-time work is considered by IRCC for Work Ex...
The NOC code is a very personal research as you need to see if your JD matches the description of the NOC chosen. The title of NOC has little significance (which is a contrast to the Australian Immigration System). BTW the NOC for Admin Assistants is 1241

All the best!