+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry: Work History and how much money to bring to Canada

parcha

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone. I'm filling my Express Entry profile, and I have some questions:
  1. If you have different positions within the same company, should you list them separately in the Work History section? They all have the same NOC.
  2. When they ask "How much money (in Canadian dollars) will [Your name] bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?" does it mean how much I will physically bring, how much I have (even if I don't take all of it to Canada), or something else? I've been searching around and haven't found answers to this.

Thank you.

Last edited:

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
1. It should be based on the document you get from the company. If you are able to get 2 different documents stating different responsibilities then make it 2 different entries.
2. It means how much funds do you have for settlement in Canada. There will be a limit on how much money you can bring physically in Canada. And this limit is usually much lower than the money you need to bring in. At the Canadian entry point you may be asked to provide proof of fund.

parcha

Oct 25, 2017
1. It should be based on the document you get from the company. If you are able to get 2 different documents stating different responsibilities then make it 2 different entries.
2. It means how much funds do you have for settlement in Canada. There will be a limit on how much money you can bring physically in Canada. And this limit is usually much lower than the money you need to bring in. At the Canadian entry point you may be asked to provide proof of fund.
Thanks heynow.

I've had 3 positions in the same company, so I think they'd probably give me just one. I will check tomorrow. If it is just one, can I list the highest position (current) and attach the document with all 3 positions and salaries listed?

Ok, I can provide proof of funds. Just to clarify, can I write an amount lower than what I have if I plan to leave some in the bank account at home, as long as it's over the minimum? Can my eligibility be affected if I'm closer to the minimum?

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Thanks heynow.

I've had 3 positions in the same company, so I think they'd probably give me just one. I will check tomorrow. If it is just one, can I list the highest position (current) and attach the document with all 3 positions and salaries listed?

Ok, I can provide proof of funds. Just to clarify, can I write an amount lower than what I have if I plan to leave some in the bank account at home, as long as it's over the minimum? Can my eligibility be affected if I'm closer to the minimum?
It is always better to declare a couple of thousands more than the minimum....

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Thanks heynow.

Sure. That should be ok.
You need to meet the minimum fund condition. how much above that limit doesn't matter. Realistically you need far more than minimum when you land here.. specially if you planning for Toronto.

parcha

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. That should be ok.
You need to meet the minimum fund condition. how much above that limit doesn't matter. Realistically you need far more than minimum when you land here.. specially if you planning for Toronto.
Thank you, that makes sense.