+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Work experience

kadam911

Oct 4, 2015
Hi,

My name is Nitin and wanted to apply for Canadian express entry this year but I was wondering about the work experience.
I have work experience of nearly 2 years in construction(Roads and bridges) from (dec. 2011 to nov. 2013). Later I did MSc in transportation from UEL,London which is a 1 year course.

I was wondering can I use that work experience to apply for the Canadian express entry.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply if your job duties match one of the NOC job duties.Search for related NOC codes and check if your duties match the duties of NOC. As per my knowledge which may be wrong - job title could be different but duties have to match.
Anyways please wait for replies for further clarification.

kadam911

Oct 4, 2015
Thanks for your response I checked accordingly on NOC website and the title is different but duties are same. My job falls under the title Civil Engineer and it is there in the NOC list.

#SRB#

Feb 28, 2021
Hello folks,
I have a doubt for claiming work experience for express entry. I have 5 years of foreign work experience in one NOC and have 1 year of Canadian experience in different NOC. Can I claim points for both the NOCs as one is Canadian and one is foreign?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello folks,
I have a doubt for claiming work experience for express entry. I have 5 years of foreign work experience in one NOC and have 1 year of Canadian experience in different NOC. Can I claim points for both the NOCs as one is Canadian and one is foreign?
Yes as long as A, B or 0