+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry without spouse

ravib4upu

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi
I have created Express entry profile and mentioned that my wife is not accompanying me. My wife has recently delivered a baby and had a surgery . She wants to stay back in India with her parents for one year.

Does not including the the spouse affect the decision of obating PR? What if i apply for openwork permit to her after I receive the PR?

Thanks for the answers and suggestion

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi
I have created Express entry profile and mentioned that my wife is not accompanying me. My wife has recently delivered a baby and had a surgery . She wants to stay back in India with her parents for one year.

Does not including the the spouse affect the decision of obating PR? What if i apply for openwork permit to her after I receive the PR?

Thanks for the answers and suggestion
Even if she does not accompany you immediately after you obtain your PR, she and your child will need to be declared on your PR application as 'non-accompanying'. As a part of your application, your Spouse will need to get her medical and Police Clearance done and you will also need to show proof of funds for yourself + 2 dependants (3 persons).