+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry with NOC level C

vvidoushi

Aug 31, 2017
Hi,
I am on work permit in Canada and I did a 2 years Post Graduate Diploma in Canada. I am currently working as a Production Accounting Clerk which falls in the NOC level C. I have done my WES for my Degree, IELTS, TEF and I have a good scores.

I really need some help if I can go for PR under express entry or Canadian Experience Class for this NOC. I was thinking of taking help from a lawyer.
Please if you can help me out.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,
I am on work permit in Canada and I did a 2 years Post Graduate Diploma in Canada. I am currently working as a Production Accounting Clerk which falls in the NOC level C. I have done my WES for my Degree, IELTS, TEF and I have a good scores.

I really need some help if I can go for PR under express entry or Canadian Experience Class for this NOC. I was thinking of taking help from a lawyer.
Hi vvidoushi,
I could be wrong, but based on what I've read, I don't think you can apply for the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) class or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), via Express Entry, with NOC skill type Level C... :(

Do you have any other kind of work experience (Canadian or foreign) in the last 10 years that you could use instead?

------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Who can apply: Federal skilled workers

Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience
Your work experience must be:

• in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Who can apply: Canadian Experience Class

Skilled work experience
To be eligible for the CEC, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

• Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
  • Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

vvidoushi

Aug 31, 2017
I do have a managerial foreign experience but it was a family owned business and I don't know how to show it. When I spoke to a lawyer about this he was saying that I can apply by seeing my points but I am confuse. My job skill falls in Office Support and Its falling on NOC C. I don't have any idea what I should do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You must have a minimum of one year of full time work experience in a NOC A, B or 0 role. This is mandatory - it doesn't matter how many points you have. Without the required work experience you can't be accepted. Can you somehow prove the managerial experience in your family owned business? Were you paid a regular salary? Did you declare this salary in your tax return?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add - for Canadian Experience Class you would have to find a new job in Canada that is A, B or 0 and work in that job for a year. You can't qualify under CEC with the NOC C job.

Rajdeep37

Dec 10, 2018
Hi,

Hi VVidoushi,
You cannot apply under FSW or CEC progrqm having a job which falls in NOC level 'C'... However, you are still eligible for PNP program. There are several PNPs going on throughout Canada all year around such as Ontario nomination program, Saskachewan nomination, Prince Edward Island and so on. If any province nominate you then you will be eligible to apply for Permanent residency and also you will be rewarded additional 600 points for getting nomination which eventually will ensure your ITA.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Hi,

https://www.homecareontario.ca/docs/default-source/news/oinp-employer-job-offer-in-demand-skills-stream-ontario-ca-website-information.pdf?sfvrsn=0

You can apply through OINP under job offer in demand skills stream. You just have to get your employer fill a form which basically mention their business details. It doesn’t require LMIA coz u r working for them. Go ahead and read the link. If it will help you :)

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
https://www.homecareontario.ca/docs/default-source/news/oinp-employer-job-offer-in-demand-skills-stream-ontario-ca-website-information.pdf?sfvrsn=0

You can apply through OINP under job offer in demand skills stream. You just have to get your employer fill a form which basically mention their business details. It doesn’t require LMIA coz u r working for them. Go ahead and read the link. If it will help you :)
Guys the above member’s query is of August 2017.
Now he might be PR.So your help is of no use .

Anyways ,it will help others.

ghost114

Nov 3, 2019
with a job as call agents job { NOC -- C } , Can somebody apply for skilled worker programs ?NB PNP ES ( employer support)
Had an interview then got job offer one day later ! scam ?

Last edited: