+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry with NLPNP nomination

amitgujrati

Jul 27, 2022
Hello,

I have applied for federal express entry under CEC and my file is in the pool with CRS score of 464.
Currently, I am working in Newfoundland and Labrador province and thinking to apply for PNP express entry which will give me an additional point of 600 in my current CRS score.

But my query is if I apply to PNP and with my increased score if I get my eTA. Can I leave my job here and move to other province before I get my PR (Post eTA during processing) or what if my company lay me off, will my application will still be considered?

Please advise how I can proceed. I am feed up with my manager and wanted to quit my job but due to PR issue I am looking to get it done ASAP.
Is it a good option to apply for PNP express to increase my score seeing the current scenarios of the draw?

Thanks,
Amit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I have applied for federal express entry under CEC and my file is in the pool with CRS score of 464.
Currently, I am working in Newfoundland and Labrador province and thinking to apply for PNP express entry which will give me an additional point of 600 in my current CRS score.

But my query is if I apply to PNP and with my increased score if I get my eTA. Can I leave my job here and move to other province before I get my PR (Post eTA during processing) or what if my company lay me off, will my application will still be considered?

Please advise how I can proceed. I am feed up with my manager and wanted to quit my job but due to PR issue I am looking to get it done ASAP.
Is it a good option to apply for PNP express to increase my score seeing the current scenarios of the draw?

Thanks,
Amit
You will lose your points if you quit (or laid off) and leave the province before receiving PR. eTa is a travel document so you mean ITA.

amitgujrati

Jul 27, 2022
You will lose your points if you quit (or laid off) and leave the province before receiving PR. eTa is a travel document so you mean ITA.
What do you suggest with my current point is 464 and I have one year of my work permit left till Nov 2023