+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry vs Work Permit

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello Experts,

I have submitted my EE profile 10 days back, now my Back home employer want me to apply for WORK PERMIT for Canada.

I am curious to understand and wanted to know -

1 - Is there any issue with applying WORK PERMIT when my EE profile has been with CIC (still no AOR generated).
2. Is there any issue with applying WORK PERMIT if my EE profile selected for PR BEFORE WP application submitted to vfs.
3. Is there any issue with applying WORK PERMIT if my EE profile selected for PR AFTER WP application submitted to vfs.

Is there any conflicts between getting PR as well as WORK PERMIT.

Please suggest.

googboog

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
From their website

As the average processing time for permanent residence applications currently exceeds 12 months at most immigration offices, it may be advantageous in many cases, for the applicant to apply for a temporary work permit either prior to or during the processing of an application for permanent residence.

Shouldn't be an issue at all

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Experts any more comments on this, the UCI generated is unique for the client so need to know if there is WP and EE going parallel.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Nikedev said:
Hello Experts,

I have submitted my EE profile 10 days back, now my Back home employer want me to apply for WORK PERMIT for Canada.

1 - Is there any issue with applying WORK PERMIT when my EE profile has been with CIC (still no AOR generated).
2. Is there any issue with applying WORK PERMIT if my EE profile selected for PR BEFORE WP application submitted to vfs.
3. Is there any issue with applying WORK PERMIT if my EE profile selected for PR AFTER WP application submitted to vfs.

Please suggest.
There is no issue.
FYI: An AOR is generated for the submission of a PR application, not the submission of an EE profile.

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
ok Thanks.. lastly will there will be any impact if AOR generated and I applied for WP at the same time // parallel y..

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
googboog said:
From their website

As the average processing time for permanent residence applications currently exceeds 12 months at most immigration offices, it may be advantageous in many cases, for the applicant to apply for a temporary work permit either prior to or during the processing of an application for permanent residence.

Shouldn't be an issue at all
The Express Entry is not the same and does not have any processing times as its all to soon to get any data.

You may need LMIA for the work permit

Unless you have ITA invitation to apply then you will not get AOR for EE.

There is not conflicts as they are two completely different things

ultra15

Nov 13, 2018
Hello Experts,

Please suggest.
did you end up applying workpermit while on an express entry account?