+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Vs Spousal Sponsorship

Achilles123

Jan 8, 2016
Hi all,

Below is currently my case and I would need some help and insights on the same.

1. I am currently a permanent resident married to a foreign citizen (Indian)

2. I have applied for Spousal sponsorship recently (December 2015)

Seeing the timelines for PR approval and less probability for getting a Visitor Visa post AOR, I would like to pursue other options.

Checking on the eligibility requirements for Express Entry, I couldn't find anywhere that Spouse of PR cannot apply for Express Entry

Can you please provide your insights on the below options

1. Is it ok to create Express Entry profile for my Spouse with her IELTS score and WES evaluation now?

2. Is there any ill effects of applying Express Entry when Spousal Sponsor is in progress?

3. She has 3 years of experience as an Assistant professor in college, will this be considered for experience points?

4. Is there a way to pull back one of the PR application (Spousal sponsorship or Express Entry) in case the other goes through.

Any other suggestions are also welcome

Thanks in Advance

joshi123

Aug 22, 2015
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
Oh yess as far as i kno yu can apply both and whichever is easier you can use that

Achilles123

Jan 8, 2016
Thank you joshi123. I was confused by the responses from the immigration consultancies who said, the only way to bring a spouse is through sponsorship.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Achilles123 said:
1. Is it ok to create Express Entry profile for my Spouse with her IELTS score and WES evaluation now?
Perfectly fine.

2. Is there any ill effects of applying Express Entry when Spousal Sponsor is in progress?
Non at all.

3. She has 3 years of experience as an Assistant professor in college, will this be considered for experience points?
She must find the corresponding NOC for that experience and claim it in the Express Entry profile (3 years will grant her maximum points available for work experience). After receiving an ITA, she will need to prove her experience with employment letter listing her duties as per NOC.

4. Is there a way to pull back one of the PR application (Spousal sponsorship or Express Entry) in case the other goes through.
Not sure about Spousal sponsorship, but EE can be withdrawn at any time.

joshi123

Aug 22, 2015
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
Achilles123 said:
Thank you joshi123. I was confused by the responses from the immigration consultancies who said, the only way to bring a spouse is through sponsorship.
Yeah it depends. If your spouse has experience and education.. express entry is fastest
.. me and my bf are both in canada on PGWP .. we are applying our own express entry cases and will get married after PR... coz spousal sponsorship is tedious and long process.. good luck to yu

Rashu

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th June 2016
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approval : 23rd August 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 19th July 2016, AOR2: 24th August 2016
File Transfer...
23rd August 2016... 3rd line added on 24th August 2016
Med's Done....
4th June 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6th March 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th March 2017
Spousal sponsorship query

Hi,

My fiance is a PR holder and working in Canada and we ll be getting married in May 2016.
And I am in India and I had applied for visitor visa which was rejected due to family ties in Canada and travel history.

I am planning to apply for Spouse sponsorship PR for me after the wedding.

We have a few queries over the Spousal PR application which are as below:
1) I have got a rejection letter with a UCI for visitor visa. Do we need to enter this UCI in spousal sponsorship application?
2) Upfront medical and police clearance certificates should be applied before OR after marriage?
3) Since I would be moving to my would be husband's town after wedding. Should I need to apply for police clearance from his hometown passport office or from my old address before marriage?
4) Do we need to show my employment proof for spousal PR ,since I have quit my job recently?
5) Do we need to attach the visitor visa rejection letter along with spousal PR application which contains a UCI?
6) After getting spousal approval (after 2 months from application of sponsor PR) , can I apply for a visitor visa to meet my would be husband during the long processing time?
7) Last query is whether it is a good idea to apply visitor visa before spousal PR application after our wedding?

We would be grateful to you if any one could help us in the above queries.

Have a good day and thanks in advance.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Hello friends,
I'm already a permanent resident working in Canada and planning to apply for my wife's express entry (as it is faster compared to sponsorship) and I have following questions
1) For funding requirement, should we show money in her individual bank account or joint account would be better?
2) Will there be any problem in her getting invitation if she gets enough points for the draw, considering I'm already a PR

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship query

Rashu said:
Hi,

My fiance is a PR holder and working in Canada and we ll be getting married in May 2016.
And I am in India and I had applied for visitor visa which was rejected due to family ties in Canada and travel history.

I am planning to apply for Spouse sponsorship PR for me after the wedding.

We have a few queries over the Spousal PR application which are as below:
1) I have got a rejection letter with a UCI for visitor visa. Do we need to enter this UCI in spousal sponsorship application? - Not necessary
2) Upfront medical and police clearance certificates should be applied before OR after marriage? - Before you submit the application, the medical as latest as possible is preferred. So I guess after marriage.
3) Since I would be moving to my would be husband's town after wedding. Should I need to apply for police clearance from his hometown passport office or from my old address before marriage? - Old would be better as it is easier to get and I guess there is a condition in India PCC that you should have stayed 6 months at your last address from where PCC is applied
4) Do we need to show my employment proof for spousal PR ,since I have quit my job recently? - Not required
5) Do we need to attach the visitor visa rejection letter along with spousal PR application which contains a UCI? - No
6) After getting spousal approval (after 2 months from application of sponsor PR) , can I apply for a visitor visa to meet my would be husband during the long processing time? - Yes you can apply, but probability of getting this visa is minimal - say 10%. You'll have to show strong ties that you will return - like job, property etc. Some people on this forum have got visitor visa for spouse
7) Last query is whether it is a good idea to apply visitor visa before spousal PR application after our wedding? - it doesn't matter. Both applications are processed separately imo.

Another option for PR is Express entry - if you have decent exp and can get good score in IELTS, then you should definitely evaluate this option. You can check your points through CRS calculator on CIC website.
I'm currently doing it for my wife. I'm a PR and i'll be applying shortly for her PR through EE.

We would be grateful to you if any one could help us in the above queries.

Have a good day and thanks in advance.

Rashu

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th June 2016
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approval : 23rd August 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 19th July 2016, AOR2: 24th August 2016
File Transfer...
23rd August 2016... 3rd line added on 24th August 2016
Med's Done....
4th June 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6th March 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th March 2017
Re: Spousal Sponsorship Query

Thank you very much Vaibhavxv..... This information is very useful to me :)

However I still have query, I spoke with passport office representative they said I need to get PCC from my to be husband's hometown as I ll staying with him after marriage. Im confused where to get my PCC

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
@vaibhavxv, @Rashu.603338, @joshi123 @alex_dinou Did anyone of you successfully get a PR through Express entry for your spouse? I considering the same options right now between Spousal Sponship or Express Entry.
We eventually applied through Spousal sponsorship as my wife couldn't get enough points for express entry draw. It took a hell lot of documentation, but got it done in around 9 months or so. Good luck.

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
We eventually applied through Spousal sponsorship as my wife couldn't get enough points for express entry draw. It took a hell lot of documentation, but got it done in around 9 months or so. Good luck.
Good to hear that finally, it worked out for you.

Thanks, man! My fiancee is going to write IELTS and then we decide.

Sherry9661

Oct 25, 2018
Hello good to hear you got the sponsorship finally. I need some info as in what documents you mean when you 'hell of a documentation'? Was it that tough I am worried as I am also in the same boat! Help needed.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Hello good to hear you got the sponsorship finally. I need some info as in what documents you mean when you 'hell of a documentation'? Was it that tough I am worried as I am also in the same boat! Help needed.
Go through the spousal PR checklist and you will find details of what is required. Basically anything that helps to prove your marriage was genuine should be submitted. Ours documentation included details of travel, how we met, chat, call and messages history, all the pics, engagement, pre-wedding, wedding, post wedding, honeymoon etc etc. just anything and everything connected to your spouse should be provided to avoid an interview. some people providing bare minimum documentation had to go through an interview to prove their marriage is genuine.