+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry vs PNP query

Ash P

Jun 29, 2017
Greetings!

I have received both an invitation to apply (ITA) under the express entry draw dated June 2017 as well as a letter of intent to nominate under the Ontario PNP program (I'm eligible against all criterion). I would be obliged if someone could knowledgeably advice whether accepting the Ontario PNP would be beneficial or not, along with reasons as to why?

Sincerely,
Ash

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
If you've already got an ITA, then don't bother. They're essentially charging you $1500 for 600 more CRS points, which you don't need.

Reactions: Ash P

Ash P

Jun 29, 2017
If you've already got an ITA, then don't bother. They're essentially charging you $1500 for 600 more CRS points, which you don't need.
Thank you for your prompt response. I would also like to know if accepting a PNP from any province provides any advantage while searching for employment in Canada?

Sincerely,
Ash

Rahulraj111

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Do u know the time that would be taken for ita recieved due to pnp. I hv heard that it is very slow compared to direct ita

Ash P

Jun 29, 2017
Do u know the time that would be taken for ita recieved due to pnp. I hv heard that it is very slow compared to direct ita
If you check processing time for both PNP and direct ITA on the CIC website, it is 6 months. I guess it should depend on how soon you can provide a complete set of documents to the IRCC for processing your case.