+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Valid Job Offer

pipik2

Mar 23, 2018
Hello,

I have submitted my Express Entry Application and my application shows empty space for Valid Job Offer in Application details table.
I do have a job in Canada and I have been working at a Canadian company for more than a year. I have a post-graduation work permit but no LMIA from my company. Would this be a reason why valid job offer shows empty?

Thanks for your time and help in advance,

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
"A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
    • not on a contract basis
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"
An open work permit has no employer on it, so you don't have a valid job offer

nandu23

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hello All,

I am a full time employee, with valid job offer letter working in same company since 1 year can I claim 50 points ?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I am a full time employee, with valid job offer letter working in same company since 1 year can I claim 50 points ?

Thanks
Depends on what kind of work permit you hold.