+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Supporting Documents: Proof of Funds

karan-91

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an ITA in the 11th draw. Got through the questionnaire fairly quick. I'm now at the stage where I've got to upload support documents.

I've got a couple questions about one of the requirements: "Proof of Funds".

Screenshot: pho.to/9WmZI

I have two bank accounts in Canada.

With TD Canada Trust, I have a savings and mutual funds account. The balance in this account exceeds the Low Income Cutoff Score (LICO) and the bank is willing to provide me with the proof of funds letter. All good so far.

With PC Financial, I have a checking and savings account as well as a credit card. The balance in this account ALMOST crosses the Low Income Cutoff Score (LICO). However, this is an online bank and getting a letter exactly per CIC specifications could be more difficult.

1. Should I bother with a letter from PC Financial at all? Is submitting a letter only from TD Canada Trust going to be good enough?
2. My payroll deposit takes place in to my PC Financial account. Does this have any impact on the above?
3. It is easy enough for me to submit PC Financial checking and savings account statements. Should I submit these?

Thanks in advance.

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
karan-91 said:
I got an ITA in the 11th draw. Got through the questionnaire fairly quick. I'm now at the stage where I've got to upload support documents.

With TD Canada Trust, I have a savings and mutual funds account. The balance in this account exceeds the Low Income Cutoff Score (LICO) and the bank is willing to provide me with the proof of funds letter. All good so far.

With PC Financial, I have a checking and savings account as well as a credit card. The balance in this account ALMOST crosses the Low Income Cutoff Score (LICO). However, this is an online bank and getting a letter exactly per CIC specifications could be more difficult.

1. Should I bother with a letter from PC Financial at all? Is submitting a letter only from TD Canada Trust going to be good enough?
2. My payroll deposit takes place in to my PC Financial account. Does this have any impact on the above?
3. It is easy enough for me to submit PC Financial checking and savings account statements. Should I submit these?

Thanks in advance.

I'm following your posts. I also got ITA in 11th draw, so in same stage as you. Its good to work with somebody to clear the doubts during the application process. All the best. :)

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am in the same category.. ITA in 11th draw with a score of 480... I too have an account with PC Financial.. I think the monthly statement for chequing and Savings should be sufficient as it would have customer name , address , bank and branch. I am planning to take color printout of these online statements.. I think the teller at this bank also took a color printout when I asked for this :( rest with CIC on whether they would accept or not...

Also does RRSP count for proof of funds ? If it doesn't I have to withdraw from RRSP and show it as part of my chequing account. I would therefore lose this years contribution room... its kinda chaotic :(

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
karan-91 said:

Thanks in advance.
Did you apply under CEC? if yes then you have to send NOA, T4s, pay stubs etc.
If you are under FSW then you have to go to TD geta letter for the amount stamped, scan and upload.

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
karan-91 said:

Thanks in advance.
Did you get a letter from PC Financial for proof of fund?