+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Statutory Questions Confusion

whalobuddy

Apr 22, 2020
Hey guys,

I have some issues with the statutory questions and need your help. In the statutory sections, there are two questions which are very similar and confused me.

a) Has *** been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

b) Has *** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

So in my case, I was once rejected a co-op work permit while I was studying in Canada because I forgot that a co-op work permit had already been issued to me along with my study permit earlier. Should I answer yes to b) and no to a) because technically I was never refused on any visa application but only a work permit?

Also, do l need to provide any additional documents such as an LOE or anything else in terms of the work permit rejection, other than just providing details in the statutory questions section?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,

danda

Mar 5, 2018
if you've been rejected in anything related to any country declare it even if you think that it's stupid. It's better to be truthful about something than to get rejected based on something not being mentioned. As crazy as things may seem these officers want to know everything about you so on the PR application you can say yes to both put on a description and mention your LOE attached under client information

whalobuddy

Apr 22, 2020
if you've been rejected in anything related to any country declare it even if you think that it's stupid. It's better to be truthful about something than to get rejected based on something not being mentioned. As crazy as things may seem these officers want to know everything about you so on the PR application you can say yes to both put on a description and mention your LOE attached under client information
Thanks for your advice!

Any other thoughts guys?