+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry single profile status

Swavidha

Mar 10, 2016
I had worked in Canada sometime back for more than 4years, now I want to apply for PR under CEC from outside Canada. I have created the profile as a single person (without family), for which I am getting CRS points between 410 - 420. But getting less CRS points with family. Hence I want to proceed with the single application.

Can I apply/sponsor for family, once I land in Canada (after my PR success)? Will there be any issues with PR process?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can add them as non-accompanying but be aware that it might take up to 12 months for the sponsorship process so prepare to be separated from your family for that long.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I had worked in Canada sometime back for more than 4years, now I want to apply for PR under CEC from outside Canada. I have created the profile as a single person (without family), for which I am getting CRS points between 410 - 420. But getting less CRS points with family. Hence I want to proceed with the single application.

Can I apply/sponsor for family, once I land in Canada (after my PR success)? Will there be any issues with PR process?
When you say single, do you mean that you selected (single)? Because if thats the case, you are never going to be able to sponsor your dependents in future. You should instead select the accurate marital status and list your spouse as (non-accompanying). This way you get same points as a single applicant and get to sponsor them later. Misrepresentation could lead to visa rejection and 5 years ban from canada, even later on once you have your PR. Good luck

Swavidha

Mar 10, 2016
When you say single, do you mean that you selected (single)? Because if thats the case, you are never going to be able to sponsor your dependents in future. You should instead select the accurate marital status and list your spouse as (non-accompanying). This way you get same points as a single applicant and get to sponsor them later. Misrepresentation could lead to visa rejection and 5 years ban from canada, even later on once you have your PR. Good luck
Thanks for the clarification. I already opted marital status as Married and spouse as 'non-accompanying'.