+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry rejected for reason not my fault---Please help

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Today I got rejected for Express Entry. Only one reasons: Missing PCC for Hong Kong.

However, for Hong Kong I can only apply for PCC once I got a request letter from IRCC stating the purpose (immigration) otherwise, Hong Kong authority won't issue that PCC. The IRCC official website also mentions this.

Also, for the document checklist for uploading, there is no Hong Kong PCC (but Switzerland and UK), therefore my understanding at the time of submitting the application was that the system did know the Hong Kong PCC policy.

I think this is the mistake made by the officer, what do you think? I am planning for reconsideration, but I am not very optimistic.

I think I just am too unlucky, who is penalized for something not my fault.

Young Amigo

Dec 12, 2017
Hong Kong police certificate cannot be obtained freely from the applicant unless IRCC issue a requesting letter which must be produced to Hong Kong police for issue of non-criminal record. This is clearly stipulated in the Canada Immigration website. I am certain the immigration officer has made an error in rejecting your application under Express Entry. I suggest you write to them via the Webform pinpointing their error. Hope you find this helpful.

Reactions: TADF chemist

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
If you need a request letter
Some countries will only give you a police certificate if you have a request letter from us. If this applies to you:
  • Upload a document in the police certificate field in the document checklist that says: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate”.
We’ll then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we’ll send you more information on how to get a police certificate.

Link here

My submission portal also did not populate a placeholder fo HK police certificate, therefore I uploaded the LOE to the LOE section. Once the IRCC agent issues you a PCC request letter, the submission portal will then generate a placeholder for you to upload the Receipt of HKPCC, the HK police won't issue you the pcc as it is sent directly to CIO office

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
If you need a request letter
Some countries will only give you a police certificate if you have a request letter from us. If this applies to you:
  • Upload a document in the police certificate field in the document checklist that says: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate”.
We’ll then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we’ll send you more information on how to get a police certificate.

Link here

My submission portal also did not populate a placeholder fo HK police certificate, therefore I uploaded the LOE to the LOE section. Once the IRCC agent issues you a PCC request letter, the submission portal will then generate a placeholder for you to upload the Receipt of HKPCC, the HK police won't issue you the pcc as it is sent directly to CIO office
I know, but I should not be penalized for not mentioning the HK PCC in the LOE as this is not explicitly written in the official website:

"Upload a document in the police certificate field...."

This is not LOE, which is something called "additional client information"

As I mentioned before, the system did not show a placeholder for Hong Kong and I thought the IRCC system and officer should know the PCC policy for Hong Kong. Otherwise, there should be a placeholder and I can upload a explanation letter in that slot....

All confusing.....

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Hong Kong police certificate cannot be obtained freely from the applicant unless IRCC issue a requesting letter which must be produced to Hong Kong police for issue of non-criminal record. This is clearly stipulated in the Canada Immigration website. I am certain the immigration officer has made an error in rejecting your application under Express Entry. I suggest you write to them via the Webform pinpointing their error. Hope you find this helpful.
Already wrote a web form. You are absolutely right.

Now I got a "rejection" in visa application....every single time I will need to explain this for future travel or permit application, shit....

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
I believe uploading that LOE is needed to remind the officer about it and they did mention it on the website. So it is kind of your fault and it was up to the officer to reject it or not. I think you did the right thing about the webform. Reconsideration is possible. Don't lose hope just yet.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
I believe uploading that LOE is needed to remind the officer about it and they did mention it on the website. So it is kind of your fault and it was up to the officer to reject it or not. I think you did the right thing about the webform. Reconsideration is possible. Don't lose hope just yet.
Nope I in the official website they did not mention the LOE (additional client information)

What they mentioned is in the Hong Kong PCC field upload the letter of explanation, but there was no such field in the document checklist .

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Bro, I understand your feeling. Now you have done what you could. So just wait for the response. At the same time, you can wait for the next draw.

This is something you will need to live with in Canada (not just with IRCC)...

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Bro, I understand your feeling. Now you have done what you could. So just wait for the response. At the same time, you can wait for the next draw.

This is something you will need to live with in Canada (not just with IRCC)...
Thanks for your message. I tend to believe my application is cancelled instead of refused, what do you think?

If refused, then every single time I am asked "ever been refused visa application or deported entry" then I will have to say yes....

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
I believe your application is returned as incomplete. You can get your application fee back too. So you don't need to answer yes for refused. (Even it is refused, you don't need to worry because the reason is nothing serious. My wife's visitor visa was refused while waiting for PR visa. She got the PR visa just fine.)

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1220&top=4