+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Refused

Aug 29, 2019
Hello All,
My Express entry application has been refused, and the reason is as shown below;
"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you possess foreign work experience:
IT Analyst (NOC: 2172) at TATA Consultancy Services Ltd from 2010/12 to 2014/08
IT Analyst (NOC: 2172) at TATA Consultancy Services Ltd from 2015/08 to 2016/12
Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence, I am not satisfied you possess the above mentioned work experience because the letters of employment provided do not include any details regarding the duties associated with your position.
I am not satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)]. In addition, I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)].
"

Any advice on how to take it forward? Should i appeal or re-apply. And in both the scenarios what document do you think will save me or take me through?

Thank you
Anup Joshi

LuckyRosy

Apr 19, 2019
Your employment letter should include the duties performed while on the job. The duties must match a good percentage of the duties specified in your NOC

Aug 29, 2019
Your employment letter should include the duties performed while on the job. The duties must match a good percentage of the duties specified in your NOC
Well my employer does not give such document as my role and duties are defined after i have been given an assignment. Again that will not be defined anywhere in black and white.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Well my employer does not give such document as my role and duties are defined after i have been given an assignment. Again that will not be defined anywhere in black and white.
Then it's going to lead to the same outcome if you ever decide to reapply

Reactions: shaizeik

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
So you mean to say there is no work around for this.. And i cannot get PR at all?
Well, you can collect other evidence, such as statements from your colleagues and/or clients but you have to provide CIC with everything they are asking for, including job duties.

If you do that, however, you are guaranteed to have "Review Required" for you proof of work experience.

Can you ask you supervisor to provide the letter? I asked my supervisor, she wrote a letter, HR only stamped it.

Aug 29, 2019
Well, you can collect other evidence, such as statements from your colleagues and/or clients but you have to provide CIC with everything they are asking for, including job duties.

If you do that, however, you are guaranteed to have "Review Required" for you proof of work experience.

Can you ask you supervisor to provide the letter? I asked my supervisor, she wrote a letter, HR only stamped it.
Sure I can ask my supervisor, but should letter be on the company letter head?

Aug 29, 2019
If you can, of course. If your manager can ask HR too, then it helps convince them if they're being unhelpful. Try to attach his business card too.
Awesome, thanks for the inputs.
Now once i have this letter in hand.. would you suggest to re-apply or appeal for the rejection?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Awesome, thanks for the inputs.
Now once i have this letter in hand.. would you suggest to re-apply or appeal for the rejection?
you are one of thousands applying from TCS, and I know the situation you are in. Keep calm, and just draft a letter with all your job duties (make sure it matches the NOC you are applying in; not verbatim, but similar), and get it notarized. Get your manager to sign this notarized letter. Attach an email from your manager along with this where he/she clearly mentions that the letter is genuine (this is just to backup the notarized letter). Include a line in the Letter of Explanation.

Aug 29, 2019
you are one of thousands applying from TCS, and I know the situation you are in. Keep calm, and just draft a letter with all your job duties (make sure it matches the NOC you are applying in; not verbatim, but similar), and get it notarized. Get your manager to sign this notarized letter. Attach an email from your manager along with this where he/she clearly mentions that the letter is genuine (this is just to backup the notarized letter). Include a line in the Letter of Explanation.
I am working on the letter right now. But once i have my letter, do i just submit it or re-apply? and if i can submit it, how to do so?