+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry refusal - Urgent Help needed

akshay_s_g

Oct 8, 2020
Hi,

I am from India and have done BE (4 yrs)+MBA(2 yrs) full time course.
I had done my ECA through WES which stated that my education is 4 yrs graduate and 1 year post graduate diploma.
Now I had applied in feb and got the invite within same month. My total score was 473 and the cutoff was 472.

They replied me below in refusal :

"I had provided an Educational Credential Assessment report which equates your highest education credential to Bachelor’s degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year). Based on the documents provided, my highest level of education is equivalent to Two or more post secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post- secondary program of three years or longer.

CRS points awarded for this credential are equal to 128, which brings your total CRS score down. "

Since my points decreased I was no longer illegible for that round and got refusal.

My question is MBA is 2 years master's degree so I didn't give false information. The entire thing is so confusing and ambiguous and now points are reduced by 13( 7 for above education reason and 6 since I turned 31 yrs some months back). So now my total score is 460. Is there any way I can boost this score up or anything else that can be done in this situation? I am thinking of going for IQES evaluation since someone mentioned that they give masters for Indian MBA unlike WES who doesn't consider it. FYI - IELTS score is (L-8.5 and rest three - 7.5)

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
You claimed points for masters when in fact evaluated as a post graduate diploma.. you can’t salvage this application but you can always send your mba to a different credential evaluation agent for a second evaluation, hopefully it will be recognized as a masters

Reactions: scylla

akshay_s_g

Oct 8, 2020
Thanks Mark for the reply.

I am going ahead for IQES with my fingers crossed. They recognize Indian MBA as masters even if it is not from IIT or IIM college. I have already applied again for EE but with 460 points, I highly doubt that I will get invite again (seeing the current high cut off). Also if IQES evaluates it as masters then it will give me 467 points which is still very low.

I just feel that there should be standard norms for all bodies evaluating the education documents and less ambiguous words on IRCC website which could have saved me from making this mistake.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Mark for the reply.

I am going ahead for IQES with my fingers crossed. They recognize Indian MBA as masters even if it is not from IIT or IIM college. I have already applied again for EE but with 460 points, I highly doubt that I will get invite again (seeing the current high cut off). Also if IQES evaluates it as masters then it will give me 467 points which is still very low.

I just feel that there should be standard norms for all bodies evaluating the education documents and less ambiguous words on IRCC website which could have saved me from making this mistake.
I think most of us feel the words on the IRCC website are extremely clear. Your education was not evaluated as a Master's so you were not eligible to claim these points.

Hopefully the IQES evalucation comes back with a different result.

You can also rewrite IELTS to boost your score further.

Reactions: EscoBlades

SpaceWolf

Aug 20, 2020
You should feel lucky for not being considered as misrepresentation by IRCC. Your ECA report already stated that your education is "4 yrs graduate and 1 year post graduate diploma" and still you selected master as your highest education. Now, you should start rewrite IELTS or learn French cuz even with your MBA evaluated as master, 467 is a pretty low score with the current trend.

Last edited: