+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Query

Harsh Parikh

Jun 6, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have the following questions regarding express entry. Your help will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

1) I have three years of job experience in India. However, I do not have 'salary slips' or 'tax returns'. My income was not taxable. So, I did not file a tax for these years.

So do I need to show these documents to CIC?
Which documents do I need to submit while showing India’s Job experience?
I have passbook entries as my proof of salary only.
2) Also, my job title in India’s job is ‘Temporary mechanical engineer’. It was a full-time contractual job. But as it begins with the word ‘temporary’. Will this create any issue? My duties are matching the NOC code.
3) My employer in India is not ready to show weekly hours in experience letter. Is it important? They have written that I was working as 'full time'.
4) I applied for work permit in June 2019 and it was approved in August 2019. I started full-time job in July 2019. Will CIC count ‘July 2019’ as work experience or not?

mbenzrider

Nov 18, 2018
Hi there

You should reach out to an RCIC. I can put you in touch of one if you need.

Dont risk your application. If you get rejection once it's close to impossible to over turn and misrepresentation barred you from applying for 5 year
Thank you

Harsh Parikh

Jun 6, 2020
Hi there

You should reach out to an RCIC. I can put you in touch of one if you need.

Dont risk your application. If you get rejection once it's close to impossible to over turn and misrepresentation barred you from applying for 5 year
Thank you
Hi. Yes help me

Jan 8, 2020
1) Refer to the following web page under "proof of work experience" for what is required to prove your work experience:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s03

2) No, it won't create any issues as long as you performed the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the description of your chosen NOC

3) Yes, it is important. There are people on this forum who say that the wording "full-time" was accepted by the visa officer in their case, but I would not count on that. IRCC say you need proof of your work hours, and if you don't have it you risk your application being rejected.

4) Assuming your are talking about a PGWP, your work experience counts from the day you submitted your application.
Thanks

Harsh Parikh

Jun 6, 2020
1) Refer to the following web page under "proof of work experience" for what is required to prove your work experience:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s03

2) No, it won't create any issues as long as you performed the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the description of your chosen NOC

3) Yes, it is important. There are people on this forum who say that the wording "full-time" was accepted by the visa officer in their case, but I would not count on that. IRCC say you need proof of your work hours, and if you don't have it you risk your application being rejected.

4) Assuming your are talking about a PGWP, your work experience counts from the day you submitted your application.
Do you have any reference/source for the fourth answer?

Harsh Parikh

Jun 6, 2020

Thanks. Do you have any reference/source for the fourth answer?

kalra02

May 14, 2018
Hi Guys!

I was just reading this thread and I think I am in somewhat similar situation. I have been working in Canada since July 2018. The first job I worked at did not provide an official letter of employment. I read on the CIC website that a T4 form should be uploaded if I cannot get a letter from my employer. I did try my best to contact my employer but they never get back to me. The only thing I have is an email from them stating when I am starting, the location and wage. Also, I have the T4 along with the last payslip. Should I attach T4, email and last payslip with an explanation or just the T4 is fine? Also, if there is any source on CIC website that can help with this I would really appreciate.

Thank you so much and hope you all are staying safe!

kalra02

May 14, 2018
Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for the instant response. From the information you attached it states in the end,"If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years])."

So a T4 and NOA should be enough?

I seriously have tried calling and emailing the owner, his wife who also works there and the receptionist. It seems they are not interested in responding. I wish I had a lawyer to represent in such case but I did not hire one for my application.

kalra02

May 14, 2018
Hi Dan! Thank you so much for the response. I contacted my previous employers everyday literally and finally received the letter from them. Thank you for clarifying the confusion. Cheers!

kalra02

May 14, 2018
Hi Dan! Here is another annoying question for you :) So in my checklist I see three types of docs required from my current job: A letter of employment, Offer of employment and Employment records. My employer has given me one letter that has all the required information. Do you think this should work?

kalra02

May 14, 2018
That's so strange because I know I will not get points for valid job offer and I never answered yes to that question.

I just double checked my application again and I there is a section where it asks about whether LMIA was issued for job offer and I have said no. I am so confused.

kalra02

May 14, 2018
On my account:

Does XYA have a job offer in Canada?

The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
I answered yes to this though. This part has no relation to LMIA and my employer can add the one year offer to the letter. Should I just answer NO for this or go ahead and add one year to the letter?

kalra02

May 14, 2018
This is the issue. You should only answer "yes" to this question if you have an LMIA or you are LMIA-excempt, otherwise the system will ask your for proof even though you did not receive any points for the job offer because you answered "no" in the subsequent question.

Change the answer to "no" and verify that the request for the offer letter has disappeared.

Then include a letter of explanation to state that you changed the answer to "no" because you initially misunderstood the question.
Oh My God! You are a Genius! I kept thinking all this time why they are asking three docs when only one could answer all the questions. Thank you so much Dan! You are a life saver. I will make sure to include a letter of explanation, will work on it tomorrow and upload it as well.

Abhi2607

Jun 24, 2020
My wife is a primary applicant under CEC ICT with two years of work experience in Canada with a leading IT company. She has been with the same company for last 15 years. Her company will not provide any customised letters ( exact requirements of CEC) of work reference or job offer. Our scores are 432 without job offer & 482 with the job offer.
1. So we have email from her HR that they cannot provide job reference letter. One of the ex manager has agreed to write the letter on piece of paper or confirm on e-mail. Since it is a detailed letter with multiple locations, although my wife has worked the same roles over last several years, is it okay for one manager to confirm all roles? Do we need to get that notarised in Canada?
2. In the process of WP extension documents, the company has drafted the employment offer till May 2022 and has shared this with IRCC mentioning responsibilities, NOC codes, salary. Will this cut for the job offer requirement? Do you guys suggest to claiming job offer if the CEC scores come down to 432, so even if job offer is rejected the application is still at or above the threshold?
So far as I have read multiple forums, both the above cases ( job reference & job offer) are eventually subject to visa officers discretion. So I plan to claim both work experience & job offer points so that if one of them is considered we are still okay.

Nagammai

Jul 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have the following questions regarding express entry. Your help will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Received ITA 2 months back and PCC is in Progress for last 45 days,
In this situation, my IELTS is valid only till 8th Sep 2020(2 years Validity).
  1. Can I submit now with LOE for PCC now(Until Aug 14 i have time to submit, but IELTS getting expiry soon)?
  2. Also please let me know whether my IELTS is valid, as I saw in one of the requirements that it should be valid for 1 year while submitting the documents.Please advise and help.
  3. Is it required to rewrite the exam or Shall I proceed with this IELTS
Thanks
Nagammai