+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Proof of Funds Problem with the Bank

theshred

Jan 27, 2020
I have the needed amount in cash and will deposit in the bank and get a 12 month salary average.

So, I think I'm clear on providing proof that my money is legit.

However, as the economic state of my country is deteriorating, it is MUCH SAFER for me to keep the money with me in cash. (banks have been implementing capital control and it would be dangerous to leave my money in the bank as who knows they might not let me withdraw it later down the road).

My question is, can I withdraw the money after I deposit it and provide proof that it exists through a bank account and statement? Is it okay by IRCC that I withdraw all the money to keep with me?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Nope, they will not take any cash as proof of funds.

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
That isn't quite what I was asking.
It's like this:
I deposit the money
Get bank statement
Upload bank statement
Then withdraw all the money to keep safe with me
You are meant to show a 6 month average bank account balance. If you have only just deposited the funds in your account you may have trouble satisfying this. I don't know if a letter of explanation explaining the banking situation in your country will be OK. My lawyer told me to keep the minimum funds in my account to the whole time during PR application and you need to show proof when you arrive of your bank account. I'm not sure of the ramifications of withdrawing the money while you wait for your PR application but I feel like they might not even find out, unless they ask you for more proof of funds info

theshred

Jan 27, 2020
You are meant to show a 6 month average bank account balance. If you have only just deposited the funds in your account you may have trouble satisfying this. I don't know if a letter of explanation explaining the banking situation in your country will be OK. My lawyer told me to keep the minimum funds in my account to the whole time during PR application and you need to show proof when you arrive of your bank account. I'm not sure of the ramifications of withdrawing the money while you wait for your PR application but I feel like they might not even find out, unless they ask you for more proof of funds info
Thank you for your reply.
I will provide a 12 month average since my salary over 12 months amounts to the required amount (12900 CAD).
It would be great if I can deposit then withdraw them while waiting for my application.