+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile submitted a while ago but no NOI from Ontario yet

asfrh

Mar 30, 2018
Doha, Qatar
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Greetings,

I submitted my express entry profile on Feb 17th, 2018. My current score is 432 points. I am a fluent English and French speaker (French was my first choice when I submitted my EE profile). I have a little over a year of working experience as a university research assistant. I have all my preliminary documents ready (WES, IELTS, TEF). I checked Ontario as my province of choice in my EE application.

From my understanding, I qualify for the Ontario French Speaker Skilled Worker program and the human capital priorities stream program. While reading through some forum threads, I got the sense that given my profile, I should be able to get a notification of interest from the state of Ontario relatively fast. I was wondering if anyone has some idea on the average time it takes to get a NOI from Ontario for a profile like mine?

Regards,
A.F

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to make sure. Check your spam emails and check also message on your EE profile. Ontario NOI is send directly on the profile.
I know that they did issue NOI to French speakers like 2 days ago.

asfrh

Mar 30, 2018
Doha, Qatar
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Just to make sure. Check your spam emails and check also message on your EE profile. Ontario NOI is send directly on the profile.
I know that they did issue NOI to French speakers like 2 days ago.
Checked both but no updates or emails. I saw that update on the Ontario Immigration website and I assumed my profile will be selected if the whole search is automated. I am a bit surprised I didn't receive an invitation to apply.

Would you recommend I resubmit my profile?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked both but no updates or emails. I saw that update on the Ontario Immigration website and I assumed my profile will be selected if the whole search is automated. I am a bit surprised I didn't receive an invitation to apply.

Would you recommend I resubmit my profile?
No they do search manually. Also it is a bit strange that you were no selected. So far there are still not many bilingual profiles there.
But then again in your case all you need is additional work experience and that will shoot your points up (transferability points). So maybe try it that way to get a direct ITA.

houari_2009

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
No they do search manually. Also it is a bit strange that you were no selected. So far there are still not many bilingual profiles there.
But then again in your case all you need is additional work experience and that will shoot your points up (transferability points). So maybe try it that way to get a direct ITA.
I think it is automatic not manual !

Shayla

Apr 1, 2018
Hi guys
i also interested in Ontario, i submitted profile on March 9 with 419. I though they will choose me in March, but no invite.
Do you know are they going to have rounds in April?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it is automatic not manual !
No it is not automatic. They do manually search the profiles and choose who will get invitation. The only automatic part are the suggested profiles (as they do not search all but they just setup which profile they want to see and then they will confirm them for NOI.

asfrh

Mar 30, 2018
Doha, Qatar
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Hi,

I browsed through my profile once again and noticed that while I submitted my profile with french as my first language, for the Question "Which language are you more comfortable speaking" I left the default answer which was English unchanged. I didn't think it mattered but in retrospective that might have been the reason why I didn't get a NOI.

Few days ago I changed my answer to the previous question to French and updated my profile with the hope that in case they do a search again my profile will get picked up.

asfrh

Mar 30, 2018
Doha, Qatar
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Hi there,

An update on my situation. I received a message in my account with the following:

Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Dear A.F,

The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

You can find general information about each province or territory's PNP program on the website. You will also find a link to Ontario's PNP requirements and contact information.

General information:

If a province or territory nominates you through Express Entry and you accept the PNP nomination you will be allocated an additional 600 points in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. This means you will likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program.

If you accept a nomination, you are indicating to both Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and that provincial or territorial jurisdiction that you intend to live in that province or territory and that you will comply with any other provincial or territorial program requirements.

Once you accept a nomination, your profile will no longer be visible to other provinces and territories, so you will not be considered for nomination by other jurisdictions. You will also not be considered for federal economic programs in Express Entry.

If a province or territory nominates you and you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program.

It is possible to be nominated by more than one province or territory, but you may only accept one nomination.

If you decline the nomination, you will stay in the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will still be eligible to receive invitations to apply under the federal immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or Canadian Experience Class). As well, other provinces and territories (if applicable) will be able to see your profile for future consideration.

You are not obligated to:

• contact a province or territory that is interested in you, or
  • accept a nomination from a province or territory.

However, if you do not accept a nomination, there is no guarantee that you will be nominated by another province or territory, or that you will be invited to apply under a federal economic program in Express Entry.

A PNP nomination does not guarantee that you are eligible for permanent residence. The final decision to issue a visa or other document for permanent residence rests with IRCC.
Doesn't exactly say if I was picked for the FSSW or HCP streams. I received the message on the 12th of April, and after I checked http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNOI.html I assume it's for FSSW.

I am asked to chose a stream when I want to create my account in the Ontario immigrant nominee program website. Should I chose FSSW or HCP?

Regards,
A.F

junti

Jan 12, 2018
Dear Experts,

appreciate your valuable suggestions..

1.created my EE profile on Apr 10th and job bank account on 17th apr with score 416 for NOC 2173
may i know where can i find my job bank registration status in my CIC account.

2.Also i have been to germany(2years) for an onsite assignment (from my current employer) but not mentioned this anywhere in my EE profile.
is it mandatory/good idea to put this experience some where in EE profile ? if so yes? i read some thread that it should be updated in personal info. but i'm really lost exactly where to fill in.
also if i update this exp in EE profile, should i submit Police verification certificate from germany aswell during my PR process in future?

really appreciate your information

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Dear Experts,

appreciate your valuable suggestions..

1.created my EE profile on Apr 10th and job bank account on 17th apr with score 416 for NOC 2173
may i know where can i find my job bank registration status in my CIC account.

2.Also i have been to germany(2years) for an onsite assignment (from my current employer) but not mentioned this anywhere in my EE profile.
is it mandatory/good idea to put this experience some where in EE profile ? if so yes? i read some thread that it should be updated in personal info. but i'm really lost exactly where to fill in.
also if i update this exp in EE profile, should i submit Police verification certificate from germany aswell during my PR process in future?

really appreciate your information
I guess you need to mention your 2 years stay in Germany in your profile even it is through the same/current employer
PVC is required for any country if you have stayed for more than 6 months
I was told that CIC have mechanism to trace where you have been, so they will easily find out your Germany stay even if you have not mentioned in your profile. They might think that you are hiding your Germany stay for some reason

junti

Jan 12, 2018
I guess you need to mention your 2 years stay in Germany in your profile even it is through the same/current employer
PVC is required for any country if you have stayed for more than 6 months
I was told that CIC have mechanism to trace where you have been, so they will easily find out your Germany stay even if you have not mentioned in your profile. They might think that you are hiding your Germany stay for some reason
Thanks a lot BhavaniShankar for quick reply...
never mind..can you please let me know in which section /tab i should mention about my Germany stay...

Oztoca

Apr 14, 2018
Hi there,

An update on my situation. I received a message in my account with the following:

Doesn't exactly say if I was picked for the FSSW or HCP streams. I received the message on the 12th of April, and after I checked http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNOI.html I assume it's for FSSW.

I am asked to chose a stream when I want to create my account in the Ontario immigrant nominee program website. Should I chose FSSW or HCP?

Regards,
A.F
Congratulations on getting invited. I am not an expert but the only difference between the 2 streams is the language requirement.

For the French stream, you need:
  • A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB)
    • level 7 in French
    • level 6 in English
For the Human Capital Priorities stream, you need:
  • A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or in French
You indicated you're fluent in both so if your test results for both are equivalent to 7 o higher, you can choose either stream I think.

Hope this helps. Can I ask what is your NOC by the way?

Oztoca

Apr 14, 2018
Can I ask if there is any difference in choosing Ontario and All provinces and territories in EE for OINP? For example, choosing Ontario in EE would lead to higher chance of getting a NOI?

On Ontario's government website, they advise people to choose either.

Thanks all!

junti

Jan 12, 2018
Hi Experts,
Any hope for NOI from ontario for 416 score this year?
i created my EE in april with no progress ...
should i wait with current profile or can re-create profile?
Suggestions pleaseeeee
my points will go down to 410 this month end:(