+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile submission

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi There,

I initially tried to fill my application for express entry in March,16 but by then I did not know the full process and did not have the WES evaluation with me and then I filled as no to all the questions which asked if you have WES evaluation and went ahead.

Now this made my first application's status as ineligible but now when I have got all the things done and now am filling the application again with same GC Key then it asks that have you filed for Canda's PR before? Now, what should I write as ans? Yes or No?

And in the profile ineligible application, it has given me application number as: E000575286 under the title "View my submitted applications or profiles".

Please help what should I fill for that question in my new application?

Second Query: I have completed my Bachelor of Arts - English Hons as graduation. During filing the details for the same, what option should I choose as "Field of study"?

1) Arts, General(Humanities/Social Sciences)
2) Arts,Fine/Visual/Performing
3) English or French as Second language
4) Other - I have chosen this option.

Please help.

Third Query:

I have chosen all options under provinces and territory. My query is: If going further if I get some job offer from some province where I do not want to go then will it affect my application somewhere if I check all the checkboxes for the provinces and territories.

Please help.

defintelyguru

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
Gurmeet_Kaur23 said:
Hi There,

I initially tried to fill my application for express entry in March,16 but by then I did not know the full process and did not have the WES evaluation with me and then I filled as no to all the questions which asked if you have WES evaluation and went ahead.

Now this made my first application's status as ineligible but now when I have got all the things done and now am filling the application again with same GC Key then it asks that have you filed for Canda's PR before? Now, what should I write as ans? Yes or No?

And in the profile ineligible application, it has given me application number as: E000575286 under the title "View my submitted applications or profiles".

Please help what should I fill for that question in my new application?

Second Query: I have completed my Bachelor of Arts - English Hons as graduation. During filing the details for the same, what option should I choose as "Field of study"?

Third Query:

I have chosen all options under provinces and territory. My query is: If going further if I get some job offer from some province where I do not want to go then will it affect my application somewhere if I check all the checkboxes for the provinces and territories.
1. An Express Entry profile is NOT a PR application. So NO you didn't apply for PR before.
I would strongly recommend you only create a profile IF you know you are eligible and have all the necessary documents / information to create it in the first place. Every profile you create will remain in your MyCIC account !

2. Not sure. I'd say Arts, General (Humanities/Social Sciences). To be confirmed...

3. I won't advise you to choose all provinces, but to do your research and select those you really are interested in. I am quite sure you have an idea of which one you would most probably choose. Selecting all may show you don't care and haven't done any research about Canada.
If your PR application is not tied to a job offer (LMIA), or PNP, there is no reason why you couldn't change your mind later, considering...

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi There,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I have chosen all the provinces/territories for the sake of job, I chose all provinces as I want to get the job offer irrespective of any place.

But as you said "If your PR application is not tied to a job offer (LMIA), or PNP, there is no reason why you couldn't change your mind later, considering...",

my query is: If going further, I want to change the provinces/territories I have chosen in the application then can I do that? If yes then how?

And also can you please confirm for the BA englis hons part please?

Sunny_ist

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Gurmeet_Kaur23 said:
Hi There,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I have chosen all the provinces/territories for the sake of job, I chose all provinces as I want to get the job offer irrespective of any place.

But as you said "If your PR application is not tied to a job offer (LMIA), or PNP, there is no reason why you couldn't change your mind later, considering...",

my query is: If going further, I want to change the provinces/territories I have chosen in the application then can I do that? If yes then how?

And also can you please confirm for the BA englis hons part please?
Nothing is going to happen if you choose all provinces. CIC people are not kids so that you have to fool them into something to get ITA. If you don't have a nomination which I think makes it mandatory for you to stay in particular province, you don't have anything to worry about. Again,You can change territories provided you don't have a nomination.

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi There,

Thank you for the reply. I will deselect all the options and will select only for the territories I want to go on first instance. Secondly,

Can you please confirm for the BA english hons part please? What option should I choose? I have below options to choose from and I have chosen Other.

Please see and confirm.

Second query: I am filing for 2173 NOC. I have just started with my application on CIC website. Do I also need to have Reference letter from my employer?

I am working in my present company from past 3.6 years and I have work ex of 6.7 years at a total. If it is required then how to proceed in the situation because If I will ask for reference letter now from them, this might impact my job. Please help.

Sunny_ist

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Well, I think option "Other" should be ok. It doesn't matter much. 2173 is for IT people. You will need a reference letter. If you think it can impact your job, you can wait till you get an ITA. Thereafter, you can ask em for reference letter or quit the job with experience letter. Since your other job is also of more than 3 years so you can submit that reference letter. Any experience of more than 3 years carry same points.

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi There,

Thanks for the reply. I just checked from site of delhi university, they have mentioned BA English Hons under Humanities, so I am thinking to opt the same. will it be ok?

And for reference letter, thanks a lot for the reply.

And one more small query: I calculated my marks in

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/IMMIGRATE/SKILLED/CRS-TOOL.ASP

I have filled in the correct entries. Can I consider the marks it is calculating for me as final? Please suggest.