+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile Rejected

CanadaUser99

Apr 19, 2016
Hi,

I filled out my express entry profile and it was immediately rejected immediately stating that I am not eligible for Express Entry.

Although the exact reason is not mentioned I believe it could be due to the below 2 factors:

1) Education : WES recognized my MCA as Masters equivalent though it was a distance learning program. I entered my MCA as my Education as Part Time in my profile.

2) Funds to Support : I specified this as $2000 (I have a family of 3)

Rest of the other catagories I am conident there shouldnt be any problem. Could anyone kindly let me know which of the above could be an issue? Or is there is way to know the exact problem?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Where did you see only 2000 cad as proof of funds ? More like 18617 CAD for family of 3 for express entry http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
CanadaUser99 said:
Hi,

I filled out my express entry profile and it was immediately rejected immediately stating that I am not eligible for Express Entry.

Although the exact reason is not mentioned I believe it could be due to the below 2 factors:

1) Education : WES recognized my MCA as Masters equivalent though it was a distance learning program. I entered my MCA as my Education as Part Time in my profile.

Rest of the other catagories I am conident there shouldnt be any problem. Could anyone kindly let me know which of the above could be an issue? Or is there is way to know the exact problem?
It could be because one of the following reasons
1. Your IELTS score does not meet the minimum requirement.
2. You have not mentioned the funds as per LICO (The requirement for a family of 3 is CAD 18,617)
3. You have not met FSW minimum score of 67/100.

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
CanadaUser99 said:
Hi,

For first I am not sure, but for second point funds requirement is more . Pls check the below link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
another - if you enter as occupation a job that is less than an year or not eligible (happened to a friend of mine).

CanadaUser99

Apr 19, 2016
All,

Thanks for the prompt replies!!

I am planning to withdraw and re-submit my application. I will check and change the fund amount.

Could anyone please let me know about the education part? In my Express Entry application should I specify my MCA (Distance Education) as Part Time or Full Time? By selecting part time will my application get rejected for Express Entry?

P.S : WES recognized it as Masters.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
CanadaUser99 said:
Hi,

Take time and go through the entire Express Entry process thoroughly and also go through the thread by Rajkasmalmohanram which explains all.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html

shmotash

Jun 12, 2011
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Done....
31-05-2017
I have the exact same question. Have a masters degree (distance education) evaluated by ICAS as equivalent to Canadian Masters.

Now do I mention it as part time or full time on my EE profile?

Canadauser99 would be a great help to know what you filled in your profile.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shmotash said:
I have the exact same question. Have a masters degree (distance education) evaluated by ICAS as equivalent to Canadian Masters.

Now do I mention it as part time or full time on my EE profile?

Canadauser99 would be a great help to know what you filled in your profile.
Go with 'part time'. It doesn't really matter because the degree is assessed as equivalent to Canadian Masters.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Go with 'part time'. It doesn't really matter because the degree is assessed as equivalent to Canadian Masters.
I have been searching for this forum and finally got it.

Part time / Full time is an ambiguous issue. In my opinion, one should mention Full-Time.

Cos it is mentioned in the help mode that for Full-Time, one should have attended XX hours of classes in a week.
And in Distance learning in India, we always have classes in the study centre of the concerned university. Though no one attends them but that is a diff story.

In fact many pvt. colleges in India are affiliated from diff. universities and works on the Distance learning method, the only difference is that they get the marksheet printed without the comment of Distance Learning.

In my case I have College code (not study centre code) mentioned on the marksheet , so I will claim that I attended XX hours of classes at the college (cum study centre) which can be corroborated in written by the College (Study centre), if required.

I request all mates who got their Distance learning evaluated to share their opinions on Full/Part time.