+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Help!

CarlCoco

Jan 28, 2020
Hi,

I have just created my Express Entry Profile. However, I need clarity on a few things listed below before I submit my profile.

- NOC Code: I have selected an NOC Code which closely matches my Job Description. It is not 100% match but to a great extent.

- Education Section: I have only updated my last education degree (MBA) for which I have an ECA Report. Not my bachelors or intermediate education. Is this the way you do it or do you upload high school till your last education? Please advise.

- Job Section: I have plugged in the same NOC for all my jobs as it closely matches the job role. Is that okay? Or we can also change the NOC for the particular job role? Please guide

Thank you so much for all your time and help. If there's anything else I need to know, please do let me know.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi,

I have just created my Express Entry Profile. However, I need clarity on a few things listed below before I submit my profile.

- NOC Code: I have selected an NOC Code which closely matches my Job Description. It is not 100% match but to a great extent.

if it matched 80% it is a good one. "substantial" is matching at least 80% of duties

- Education Section: I have only updated my last education degree (MBA) for which I have an ECA Report. Not my bachelors or intermediate education. Is this the way you do it or do you upload high school till your last education? Please advise.

Putting your MBA along with bachelors is a safe practice and you can add your post secondary as well.

- Job Section: I have plugged in the same NOC for all my jobs as it closely matches the job role. Is that okay? Or we can also change the NOC for the particular job role? Please guide

If your primary NOC is matching all your jobs its is just fine

Thank you so much for all your time and help. If there's anything else I need to know, please do let me know.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks a bunch, Jack!

I do not have ECA for Bachelor's or Secondar. Is that okay to upload?
You dont need an eca for secondary. WES asks the bachelors also to be evaluated along with masters for some countires. Like when i did mine they asked me to get my bachelors evaluated as well.

You can just put all together, ECA-first,then MBA certificate,bachelors certificate and secondary as one pdf

Reactions: CarlCoco

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
If you have master's equivalency in ECA, putting in other lower level educational ECA doesn't give you anything.

If you do not have ECA for it, leave it altogether as it won't effect anything.

WES and other ECA authorities demand a bachelor's because they want to compare master's with other candidates' too. Since a master's can be obtained after a 3 years bachelor's and a 4 years one as well, they provide master's equivalency when it is 4+2 years of education, and lower equivalency for 3+2 years of education. There is no obligation to provide ECA of all the education to IRCC though, as they require only the highest education for calculating CRS points.

CarlCoco

Jan 28, 2020
You dont need an eca for secondary. WES asks the bachelors also to be evaluated along with masters for some countires. Like when i did mine they asked me to get my bachelors evaluated as well.

You can just put all together, ECA-first,then MBA certificate,bachelors certificate and secondary as one pdf
Thank you Jack!
Can I ask you another question? How do we calculate hours per week? Do we exclude the lunch hour?

CarlCoco

Jan 28, 2020
If you have master's equivalency in ECA, putting in other lower level educational ECA doesn't give you anything.

If you do not have ECA for it, leave it altogether as it won't effect anything.

WES and other ECA authorities demand a bachelor's because they want to compare master's with other candidates' too. Since a master's can be obtained after a 3 years bachelor's and a 4 years one as well, they provide master's equivalency when it is 4+2 years of education, and lower equivalency for 3+2 years of education. There is no obligation to provide ECA of all the education to IRCC though, as they require only the highest education for calculating CRS points.
Dear Rajapanesar,

Thanks a lot for your guidance. Can you let me know how do we calculate hours per week? Do we exclude the lunch hour break?