+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile Creation Doubt

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Hello all,

I am creating my express entry profile and have a question regarding the work history section.

I am currently in Canada and working here for just over a year.

In the work history section, when I select this job as my current job, it gives 3 questions:

1)
Working legally in Canada during this time?

A person must have:

• been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
  • had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
  • not stayed longer than the approved time period.
Answer (I gave) : Yes

2)
Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program. (required)

Answer (I gave) : No

3)
Which of these categories does XXXXX's job fall under? (required)

Answer: Options are: No work permit required
Work permit required, No LMIA required
Work permit an LMIA required

What do I answer for the 3rd question. I'm on a PGWP, so i know that I don't need LMIA. But im confused between options 1 and 2. Second option seems like the one for people on closed work permit and exempt from LMIA.

Please someone shed some light.

Thanks.

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Also, my wife has done a bachelors from home country, but we are not getting her ECA evaluation done, as I am getting sufficient points in the CRS calculator. and getting her ECA is very troublesome as I can't get help from someone back home to do all the process.

So in the education history section for my wife what answer should i give for this question ? I dont want to hide her education, but also dont want the points for it.

Question:
Has XXXXX finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? (required)
Should I answer Yes or No this.

If i click yes then it gives a bunch of questions about the education details. So in order to avoid the ECA, should I click yes and give the details and select LEVEL of EDUCATION as None or less than secondary (high school), or just click No for the above question and skip this section altogether and include the details in the personal history at a later stage.

Please help!

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I am creating my express entry profile and have a question regarding the work history section.

I am currently in Canada and working here for just over a year.

In the work history section, when I select this job as my current job, it gives 3 questions:

1)
Working legally in Canada during this time?

A person must have:

• been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
  • had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
  • not stayed longer than the approved time period.
Answer (I gave) : Yes

2)
Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program. (required)

Answer (I gave) : No

3)
Which of these categories does XXXXX's job fall under? (required)

Answer: Options are: No work permit required
Work permit required, No LMIA required
Work permit an LMIA required

What do I answer for the 3rd question. I'm on a PGWP, so i know that I don't need LMIA. But im confused between options 1 and 2. Second option seems like the one for people on closed work permit and exempt from LMIA.

Please someone shed some light.

Thanks.
Work permit required, no LMIA required.

Reactions: Zak8

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, my wife has done a bachelors from home country, but we are not getting her ECA evaluation done, as I am getting sufficient points in the CRS calculator. and getting her ECA is very troublesome as I can't get help from someone back home to do all the process.

So in the education history section for my wife what answer should i give for this question ? I dont want to hide her education, but also dont want the points for it.

Question:
Has XXXXX finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? (required)
Should I answer Yes or No this.

If i click yes then it gives a bunch of questions about the education details. So in order to avoid the ECA, should I click yes and give the details and select LEVEL of EDUCATION as None or less than secondary (high school), or just click No for the above question and skip this section altogether and include the details in the personal history at a later stage.

Please help!

Thanks.
You can leave her education blank and include information about her credentials in the personal history section once you receive your ITA.

Reactions: Zak8