+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile Common Questions

aloobharta01

Sep 30, 2018
Hi All,

Since most of you have already created a profile, I just got my ECA evaluated I am in the process of building one for my self. I do not want to make any mistakes, can you all help me in providing clarification on some steps?
  1. In ID documents - summary section, do I need to provide only my current passport or all my expired passports as well?
  2. For Application/profile details/Immigration history and citizenships do I need to provide the temporary visa applications that I submitted early this year in Canda as well, or is the question specifically for Immigration (PR) application only? Also, do I need to provide information about the immigration application of any other country too? For example, My Perm in the US is approved, but I-140 is still in process.
  3. If I have done Masters and WES evaluated that it is Masters equivalent then do I need to submit my Bachelors(undergrad) evaluation as well?
  4. In the section of Provinces and territories of interest, is it okay for selecting all the provinces? Will, there be any negative consequences, will provinces consider this as negative for PNP programs?
  5. For the Primary Job Code does your experience extensively required to have in that Job Code or the latest/current job that you are working on needs to match? For example, my current position is matching 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants, however, most of my experience is in 2172 - Database Analysts and Data Administrators as Data Analyst. In any of the experience of Data Analyst, my title was not Data Analyst; it was Business Analyst.
If any of you can help me, that will be great, and I will be able to submit my profile as soon as possible.

Thank You

spider87

Jun 17, 2018
For 2) It asks for countries visited other than country of origin or country or residence. I don't think need to list US visas since that would be your country of residence. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Hi All,

Since most of you have already created a profile, I just got my ECA evaluated I am in the process of building one for my self. I do not want to make any mistakes, can you all help me in providing clarification on some steps?
  1. In ID documents - summary section, do I need to provide only my current passport or all my expired passports as well?
  2. For Application/profile details/Immigration history and citizenships do I need to provide the temporary visa applications that I submitted early this year in Canda as well, or is the question specifically for Immigration (PR) application only? Also, do I need to provide information about the immigration application of any other country too? For example, My Perm in the US is approved, but I-140 is still in process.
  3. If I have done Masters and WES evaluated that it is Masters equivalent then do I need to submit my Bachelors(undergrad) evaluation as well?
  4. In the section of Provinces and territories of interest, is it okay for selecting all the provinces? Will, there be any negative consequences, will provinces consider this as negative for PNP programs?
  5. For the Primary Job Code does your experience extensively required to have in that Job Code or the latest/current job that you are working on needs to match? For example, my current position is matching 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants, however, most of my experience is in 2172 - Database Analysts and Data Administrators as Data Analyst. In any of the experience of Data Analyst, my title was not Data Analyst; it was Business Analyst.
If any of you can help me, that will be great, and I will be able to submit my profile as soon as possible.

Thank You
1. Only valid passport
2. Can you post the exact wording? I have forgotten it.
3. Don't need to but if you have ECA for your Bachelors, then submit it.
4. I haven't looked at PNP programs but 99% sure they don't care which other provinces you are interested in.
5. Primary NOC code is just any one of your jobs where you have 1 continuous year of experience. So you can pick 2171 or 2172, it doesn't matter. I think it would make more sense to select your current job NOC code as primary NOC code (assuming you meet 1 year qualification).

aloobharta01

Sep 30, 2018
1. Only valid passport
2. Can you post the exact wording? I have forgotten it.
3. Don't need to but if you have ECA for your Bachelors, then submit it.
4. I haven't looked at PNP programs but 99% sure they don't care which other provinces you are interested in.
5. Primary NOC code is just any one of your jobs where you have 1 continuous year of experience. So you can pick 2171 or 2172, it doesn't matter. I think it would make more sense to select your current job NOC code as primary NOC code (assuming you meet 1 year qualification).
Here is the text from the Application website
"Tell us about Aloo Bharta's previous applications to Canada, countries of citizenship, and the country where he/she currently lives.

Has Aloo Bharta applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? (required)

I have applied for a tourist visa to Canada twice, once it got rejected next time it got approved. So in my mind, I have applied to "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada" as an authority but for a different kind of application. The reason I am confused with the statement is that is it asking for PR application or any application.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
You need to say yes you have applied to IRCC before and submit your unique client identifier number.

Also, for provinces, if you would like to be nominated by Ontario you need to select Ontario in the provinces' list.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Here is the text from the Application website
"Tell us about Aloo Bharta's previous applications to Canada, countries of citizenship, and the country where he/she currently lives.

Has Aloo Bharta applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? (required)

I have applied for a tourist visa to Canada twice, once it got rejected next time it got approved. So in my mind, I have applied to "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada" as an authority but for a different kind of application. The reason I am confused with the statement is that is it asking for PR application or any application.
Yup. You've applied to IRCC before twice. IRCC handles all types of applications for non-Canadians from study to citizenship.