+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry problem

Xit

Feb 23, 2017
Hello everyone, ;)

I would like to thank you in advance for reading my post and whatever advice you might offer.

I am a little concerned about my express entry application for my immigration to Canada (BC) because I got an ineligible response right after submitting my online application on CIC.

The reason is probably that I haven't reached my full year of work experience yet and that will take place on May 8th, 2017. However, I did tick the box at the work experience section which said "working until present". I did that in order to not wait another 30-60 days once I did reach May 8th and my full year of employment.

Now my main problem is as follows: I tried the Express entry point calculator and something is off or I'm interpreting it wrong. My total score once I put all the needed information is only 372 so something must be wrong since the minimum acceptance score was 450 and there's no way I reached 372 from 450.

Myself and my wife are Romanian citizens but I also have German citizenship, so I doubt everyone who applies for Express MUST have a master degree, perfect IELTS scores, etc. I believe I either did something or interpreted something wrongly.

I should also mention that I am bringing enough money to Canada, over 20k for me and my wife. I have relatives in Canada (aunt and uncle) who would guarantee for me. Both of them are canadian citizens with good financial status. I also have the option to ask my cousin for a job offer since he has his own company in Alberta, which could improve my overall score.

Here are my application details so you could maybe let me know if anything is wrong:

My wife - 28 (no children)

Studies (all are recognized by WES credential service)
Myself - Bachelor in management and master in marketing and business communication
My wife - Bachelor in management and master in marketing and business communication

Language ability: IELTS took in April 2016

Myself:
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking 8.0

My wife:
Listening: 4.5
Reading: 4.0
Writing: 5.0
Speaking: 5.5

Work experience I had in noc 2282: 1 continous year (although it is different from my master/bachelor diploma).
Job Offer: noc 00 (management position).

We have prepared all our papers and I think we did everything right but maybe we missed something.

My final question is:
Can I add in the noc 2282 (where I have more than 1 year experience) to the work experience section (work I performed in the past) ? Also, can I add an noc with "00" (which suits my diploma) to the job offer section (a manager or marketing job at my cousin's company) ? so I can get the maximum points for the job offer?

Thank you for any help. ;D ;D

PS:please give me any advice that could help me out!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You can only get points for the 00 job offer if you have been working there on a closed work permit for 1 year already or you have a valid lmia.

Also your ielts scores are quite low.

Xit

Feb 23, 2017
kryt0n said:
You can only get points for the 00 job offer if you have been working there on a closed work permit for 1 year already or you have a valid lmia.

Well... ielts score wont make the difference even if i get a perfect one , it increases my score by 10 points tops

Xit

Feb 23, 2017
kryt0n said:

What do you mean by a valid lmia? my cousin can make all the needed paper work from labormarket. will it work that way ? because it will increase my score by 200 points if yes

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Xit said:
Hello everyone, ;)

I would like to thank you in advance for reading my post and whatever advice you might offer.

I am a little concerned about my express entry application for my immigration to Canada (BC) because I got an ineligible response right after submitting my online application on CIC.

The reason is probably that I haven't reached my full year of work experience yet and that will take place on May 8th, 2017. However, I did tick the box at the work experience section which said "working until present". I did that in order to not wait another 30-60 days once I did reach May 8th and my full year of employment. A: System doesn't accept 'until present' to fulfill the MEC criterion of min one year of work experience under NOC 0, A/B.

Now my main problem is as follows: I tried the Express entry point calculator and something is off or I'm interpreting it wrong. My total score once I put all the needed information is only 372 so something must be wrong since the minimum acceptance score was 450 and there's no way I reached 372 from 450. A: What do you mean by 'minimum acceptance score was 450'?

Myself and my wife are Romanian citizens but I also have German citizenship, so I doubt everyone who applies for Express MUST have a master degree, perfect IELTS scores, etc. I believe I either did something or interpreted something wrongly. A: Not true, unless you have Masters your score however excellent your IELTS may be cannot go beyond ~440.

I should also mention that I am bringing enough money to Canada, over 20k for me and my wife. I have relatives in Canada (aunt and uncle) who would guarantee for me. Both of them are canadian citizens with good financial status. I also have the option to ask my cousin for a job offer since he has his own company in Alberta, which could improve my overall score. A: Amount of PoF fund in excess of LICO doesn't affect your score or improves your chances in any other way.

Here are my application details so you could maybe let me know if anything is wrong:

My wife - 28 (no children)

Studies (all are recognized by WES credential service)
Myself - Bachelor in management and master in marketing and business communication
My wife - Bachelor in management and master in marketing and business communication
A: You need to get ECA done for both (if required) but especially must for the principal applicant. Just mentioning WES recognizes the degree is not enough.

Language ability: IELTS took in April 2016

Myself:
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking 8.0

My wife:
Listening: 4.5
Reading: 4.0
Writing: 5.0
Speaking: 5.5

A: Minimum eligibility for IELTS is CLB 7 (which is >6.0 in each section for the principal applicant) which you have but your spouse doesn't.

Work experience I had in noc 2282: 1 continous year (although it is different from my master/bachelor diploma).
Job Offer: noc 00 (management position).
A: You can mention it in your profile, doesn't matter if it's different than your Masters/Bachelors, as long as you can manage the reference letters required as per IRCC requirements.

We have prepared all our papers and I think we did everything right but maybe we missed something.

My final question is:
Can I add in the noc 2282 (where I have more than 1 year experience) to the work experience section (work I performed in the past) ? Also, can I add an noc with "00" (which suits my diploma) to the job offer section (a manager or marketing job at my cousin's company) ? so I can get the maximum points for the job offer?

A: Yes, you should surely add all NOCs, but definitely the ones that have more than one year's paid work experience, irrespective of your education, as long as you can produce the required reference letters as per IRCC requirements.
Thank you for any help. ;D ;D

PS:please give me any advice that could help me out!

Xit

Feb 23, 2017
A: System doesn't accept 'until present' to fulfill the MEC criterion of min one year of work experience under NOC 0, A/B. - So that was the reason why my profile was right away after i submit it?

A: You need to get ECA done for both (if required) but especially must for the principal applicant. Just mentioning WES recognizes the degree is not enough. , well... how do i get a ECA? on the app profile i could select "WES"

A: Minimum eligibility for IELTS is CLB 7 (which is >6.0 in each section for the principal applicant) which you have but your spouse doesn't. well.. the language test for spouse is required to be CLB 5 only. i think...

A: you can mention it in your profile, doesn't matter if it's different than your Masters/Bachelores, as long as you can manage the reference letters required as per IRCC requirements.

What do you mean by reference letter?ircc? what is that?

as long as you can produce the required reference letters as per IRCC requirements. and what do you mean by this?

thank you very much for your help , you have no idea how much you help me with your advice. :)

and btw , does my application look good? do i have any chances to get invited?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Xit said:
A: System doesn't accept 'until present' to fulfill the MEC criterion of min one year of work experience under NOC 0, A/B. - So that was the reason why my profile was right away after i submit it?

A: You need to get ECA done for both (if required) but especially must for the principal applicant. Just mentioning WES recognizes the degree is not enough. , well... how do i get a ECA? on the app profile i could select "WES" A: Register at WES website and send required transcripts directly from your college/university and degree certificates as per the instructions provided there.

A: Minimum eligibility for IELTS is CLB 7 (which is >6.0 in each section for the principal applicant) which you have but your spouse doesn't. well.. the language test for spouse is required to be CLB 5 only. i think... A: Yes, but unless you both dramatically improve your IELTS scores to CLB 9+, your CRS will have very slim chances.

A: you can mention it in your profile, doesn't matter if it's different than your Masters/Bachelores, as long as you can manage the reference letters required as per IRCC requirements.

What do you mean by reference letter?ircc? what is that? A:please check IRCC website for the requirements of reference letter.

as long as you can produce the required reference letters as per IRCC requirements. and what do you mean by this? A: You need to get these reference letters from your current and past employers as mentioned above.

thank you very much for your help , you have no idea how much you help me with your advice. :)

and btw , does my application look good? do i have any chances to get invited?
I am sorry to say this to you but Good IELTS scores and/or LIMA job offer, any score less than 400 won't be good enough.

Xit

Feb 23, 2017
CanadaWeCome said:
I am sorry to say this to you but without Masters/Good IELTS scores and/or LIMA job offer, any score less than 400 won't be good enough.
So you say that if my current score is without a job offer 372 and with a job offer from my cousin for B noc that gives me 50 points would be good enough? so that would mean 422 is enough to get accepted?

thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
OK, let's keep this simple.

You cannot qualify for express entry until you have completed 1 year of skilled work, either in Canada or outside.

Once you have this, you can create your profile.

Increasing both yours and your spouses IELTS will get more points. As you have a masters ECA by WES this is a positive.

Wait until March 8th. Until then you cannot do anything except improve your IELTS scores.