+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry PR : Medical

Abhi03

Sep 18, 2019
Hi, i just received an ITA and gave done my medicals however, while doing the same i disclosed that i have Ankylosing Spondylitis (though the panel doctor didnt ask about it).
It was diagnosed in 2007 and i just took normal medications of Nsaids and Dmards at that time for about 3 months and since then luckily there was no such instance that i need to take any medications again. So i am just afraid if this would create a problem for my application.

Abhi03

Sep 18, 2019
Nobody knows. The bar is that the condition should not required a lot of money to treat, not sure if this qualifies.
Thanks Lampbreaker, however, does it depend on your prescription? Because there are lot of medications varying in price.. do they check the cost of your prescribed meds or just in general..?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Personal view but you have completed your medical and you rightly declared your medical history so all you can do now really is to wait it out and see what happens. What will be will be and worrying isn’t really going to change the answer. You seem to be referring to a condition and meds from 12 years ago so would expect if they are concerned they would seek clarification.

Abhi03

Sep 18, 2019
Personal view but you have completed your medical and you rightly declared your medical history so all you can do now really is to wait it out and see what happens. What will be will be and worrying isn’t really going to change the answer. You seem to be referring to a condition and meds from 12 years ago so would expect if they are concerned they would seek clarification.
Thanks Bs65, agree with you. The condition was 12 years ago but the panel doctor didnt ask me about when was it and what is the situation now, he just mentioned on my paper about my problem and sent it to officials, anyway lets see, keeping my fingers crossed because i even have forgotten that i have this condition, its just i mentioned it during my medicals.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks Bs65, agree with you. The condition was 12 years ago but the panel doctor didnt ask me about when was it and what is the situation now, he just mentioned on my paper about my problem and sent it to officials, anyway lets see, keeping my fingers crossed because i even have forgotten that i have this condition, its just i mentioned it during my medicals.
As long as

1. It doesn't cost Canada more that $20,000 a year to treat your condition
2. It isn't highly contagious
3. It doesn't make you a danger to public safety

you will get your PR. If any of the above three conditions apply, you will not get your PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You don't get rid of the condition. It is an autoimmune disease that is usually progressive. The issue is the treatment that is usually requured is biologicals which are expensive. Given that your condition ia stable if is very hard to comment.

Abhi03

Sep 18, 2019
As long as

1. It doesn't cost Canada more that $20,000 a year to treat your condition
2. It isn't highly contagious
3. It doesn't make you a danger to public safety

you will get your PR. If any of the above three conditions apply, you will not get your PR.
Thanks for your reply, now i feel being honest was wrong that i mentioned about my condition. Moreover, being normal fro many years and living in 3 different countries if they reject me for this reason it will be a disaster in life.

Abhi03

Sep 18, 2019
You don't get rid of the condition. It is an autoimmune disease that is usually progressive. The issue is the treatment that is usually requured is biologicals which are expensive. Given that your condition ia stable if is very hard to comment.
Hi, in my life till now i havent taken more than OTC drugs like brufen to treat my condition, lastly, again i would say that it was a mistake being honest and declaring your condition. And lastly, for last 12 years nothing happened to me and no meds, yea this condition can progress but it havent, like that life is unpredictable and anyone can get anything anytime.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, in my life till now i havent taken more than OTC drugs like brufen to treat my condition, lastly, again i would say that it was a mistake being honest and declaring your condition. And lastly, for last 12 years nothing happened to me and no meds, yea this condition can progress but it havent, like that life is unpredictable and anyone can get anything anytime.
Being honest was not a mistake it is the right thing to do and if you didn’t it could lead to being charged with misrepresentation. Every case is individual. You will have to wait and see what happens.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks for your reply, now i feel being honest was wrong that i mentioned about my condition. Moreover, being normal fro many years and living in 3 different countries if they reject me for this reason it will be a disaster in life.
Telling the doctor was absolutely the right thing to do. Lying in your application forms is a good way to get banned for five years.

Don't get too stressed out. If the doctor wasn't very concerned, and your condition has been stable for many years, the chances of getting denied are low. No one can say for sure, but I wouldn't be so doom and gloom already ("disaster in life"). Take it easy and see what they have to say.