+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry PR applied but moving back to India payroll due to Covid

KhushbooB

Sep 27, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied for my PR application and claimed 50 points for Job offer but now after the PR application is in progress my company told me to move to my base location India. Will this affect my PR application in any ways? should I withdraw my application or let IRCC know about my case?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
I believe that submitting the application locks in your CRS points and the evidence you produced to document that you deserved those points. I don't think you are tied to the job offer.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Hi All,

I have applied for my PR application and claimed 50 points for Job offer but now after the PR application is in progress my company told me to move to my base location India. Will this affect my PR application in any ways? should I withdraw my application or let IRCC know about my case?
I dont think currently you need a very strong reason to go. Try to search for projects within the same company as you are on closed permit. Are you working for TCS?

KhushbooB

Sep 27, 2019
My situation is that I was here in Canada on work Permit from my empolyer which is going to be expired in Aug . My new work permit was also applied but the stamping was not done since the biometrics was pending due to Covid. I claimed 50points for job offer and applied in Canadian working class in April2020 when eveyhting was valid. Now in August my company -Capgemini is not willing to keep me hear on any other project and wants me to work from India for the same current project and so is planning to send me back due to this Covid . so I was worried that it will affect my application since when I come back at flagpoling they will ask me why I dont have a current job offer with me.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
My situation is that I was here in Canada on work Permit from my empolyer which is going to be expired in Aug . My new work permit was also applied but the stamping was not done since the biometrics was pending due to Covid. I claimed 50points for job offer and applied in Canadian working class in April2020 when eveyhting was valid. Now in August my company -Capgemini is not willing to keep me hear on any other project and wants me to work from India for the same current project and so is planning to send me back due to this Covid . so I was worried that it will affect my application since when I come back at flagpoling they will ask me why I dont have a current job offer with me.
Currently there is no flag-polling happening due to covid.

KhushbooB

Sep 27, 2019
Sorry not flagpolling but whenever I try to be back in country I will have to tell the border security that I dont have a valid job offer and they might create a issue there so I am scared for that

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Your job offer should be valid atleast 1 yr after your PR visa is issued. Since it's no longer valid you might not be allowed to enter. Best option is to request a transfer and get a new offer letter when you land

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I would suggest to let the company know that your application is being processed and once you get PR then you ll go to India to work for sometime.

KhushbooB

Sep 27, 2019
Your job offer should be valid atleast 1 yr after your PR visa is issued. Since it's no longer valid you might not be allowed to enter. Best option is to request a transfer and get a new offer letter when you land
Ok so then I will not be able to reenter the country even if I have PR.I can ask my employer at that time but I don't know based on the situation they may or may not give a new job offer letter. So best move is to withdraw the application or wait and ask for a new offer letter from my employer later?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Ok so then I will not be able to reenter the country even if I have PR.I can ask my employer at that time but I don't know based on the situation they may or may not give a new job offer letter. So best move is to withdraw the application or wait and ask for a new offer letter from my employer later?
When you are out of canada you don't get a PR. You will get a COPR. You can land at the border using the COPR and the officer can ask for documents including offer letter and then you become a PR.
If you are already in canada then because of covid they are directly giving PR for inland applicants without landing appointments.

KhushbooB

Sep 27, 2019
When you are out of canada you don't get a PR. You will get a COPR. You can land at the border using the COPR and the officer can ask for documents including offer letter and then you become a PR.
If you are already in canada then because of covid they are directly giving PR for inland applicants without landing appointments.
Even if I leave my job I dont have any other work permit or visa due to which I can stay back here in Canada. So what would you suggest from your experience should I withdraw it or wait for the COPR and try to obtain a offer from my empolyer or apply for some other work permit like - BOWP