+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry points for sibling,, left Canada while the application was in progress

LeoLeo

Oct 29, 2019
I guys, A special case here.

I am Canadian PR and in 2020 my sister claimed extra 15 points for her express entry score. When she submitted her application, we provided documents confirming my address in Canada and PR status. The COVID delayed her application processing for 1 and half year, meanwhile I left Canada in 2021 and went Belgium for my private business. At the moment I am Canadian PR living in Belgium. The VO asked for Sibling PR CDA proof. What do you think, can the VO consider that as I am not residing in Canada at the moment, my sister cannot claim extra points?
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I am Canadian PR and in 2020 my sister claimed extra 15 points for her express entry score. When she submitted her application, we provided documents confirming my address in Canada and PR status. The COVID delayed her application processing for 1 and half year, meanwhile I left Canada in 2021 and went Belgium for my private business. At the moment I am Canadian PR living in Belgium. The VO asked for Sibling PR CDA proof. What do you think, can the VO consider that as I am not residing in Canada at the moment, my sister cannot claim extra points?
Thanks
Yes, it's possible IRCC will say your sister cannot claim these points given you moved outside of Canada last year. Does she still meet the cut off for the draw she was selected without the sibling points? If so, then she is fine.

LeoLeo

Oct 29, 2019
Yes, it's possible IRCC will say your sister cannot claim these points given you moved outside of Canada last year. Does she still meet the cut off for the draw she was selected without the sibling points? If so, then she is fine.
4 points short.

It is not stated in the IRCC webpage, that the sibling must be living in Canada while the application is in progress. This creates uncertainty, and in the end, indeed the VO can decide to accept or reject. Tense situation.

LeoLeo

Oct 29, 2019
We will send the copies of PR card, CBs, my payslips and utility bills confirming my presence in Canada at the moment of submission and beyond. This is the plan, I hope it will work

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We will send the copies of PR card, CBs, my payslips and utility bills confirming my presence in Canada at the moment of submission and beyond. This is the plan, I hope it will work
That's the most you can do. Good luck.

Tashasiq

Apr 22, 2019

Thanks
Hi Leo,
What happened with this … could you advise please. I wasnt aware too and hence looking to get some guidance around this. Can we connect please