+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Points for LMIA-Exempt job

Supreetpandey

Jan 31, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I just got a LMIA-exempt ( intra company transfer, NOC Skill A) work permit through my company. I was wondering if I'll get additional 50 points in CRS for a valid job offer now or do I get that only after I work for an year on the work permit.

Also, would I be able to claim the additional points for Canadian work experience if I work an year in Canada ?

Thanks a bunch!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll only get the points once you've worked in that job for a year in Canada.

Yes - you can claim Canadian work experience points once you've worked here for a full year.

nihcas1234

Feb 5, 2018
I have LMIA-exempt ( intra company transfer, NOC Skill A) work permit through my company. I have completed my one year in CANADA. I can see the points of one year experience added to my profile, but I do not see 50 points for LMIA. What could be the reason?

karam.singh

Mar 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am in India and I have a job offer in Canada. It will be an intra company transfer to Toronto. Just trying to understand what is the LMIA requirement?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys,

I am in India and I have a job offer in Canada. It will be an intra company transfer to Toronto. Just trying to understand what is the LMIA requirement?
If you want to claim the 50 points for having a job offer - your employer either needs to obtain an approved LMIA or you need to wait until you've worked in Canada for a full year.

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
If you want to claim the 50 points for having a job offer - your employer either needs to obtain an approved LMIA or you need to wait until you've worked in Canada for a full year.

I have same query with addition question -
If I want to claim 50 points then can I claim with below condition / situation?
1 - have worked in Canada for 2 years in the past ( say 1 year ago ) with NOCA and LMIA exempt (Intra-company transfer) Work Permit for Same employer.
2 - Now after 1 year I came back to Canada with NOC A and LMIA exempt (intra-company transfer) Work Permit again for Same Employer, work permit is valid for two years approx.

Should CIC give me 50 points ?

sampathv

Sep 24, 2018
I have same query with addition question -
If I want to claim 50 points then can I claim with below condition / situation?
1 - have worked in Canada for 2 years in the past ( say 1 year ago ) with NOCA and LMIA exempt (Intra-company transfer) Work Permit for Same employer.
2 - Now after 1 year I came back to Canada with NOC A and LMIA exempt (intra-company transfer) Work Permit again for Same Employer, work permit is valid for two years approx.

Should CIC give me 50 points ?
Hi Nikedev,
I am in a same situation and not sure if i can claim the 50 points for the job offer. Have you applied your EE profile and claimed the job offer points. Appreciate your reply on this. Please find below my case.

I had overall 11 years of experience in the NOC code 2174 working in India, US and Canada. I worked in Canada from Sep 2015 to Nov 2016 and then moved back to US with the same employer. My work permit expired in April 2017 and got a new work permit in October 2017 with the same employer again. My work permit was LMIA exempt as its a Intra company Transfer. I moved back to Canada again in July 2018 and has a job offer letter for at least one year from the employer. I am submitting my express entry profile (got all other conditions met) and not sure if i can say yes for the below question. As i had 1 year of experience with the same employer between 2015 and 2016 and the current work permit being with the same employer, can i say YES to the below question ?

Has XYZ been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

PLL

Apr 4, 2019
Hi i got my ICT approved last week and i am still not in Canada. Can i update my EE profile with ICT approval/job now or do i have to be in Canada for that?
Hi Onkar,I'm in same situation. Did you update your EE profile with ICT LMIA exempt approval? What option did you select for "Do you have valid Job offer in Canada?"

VeenaK

Jul 4, 2023
I have LMIA-exempt ( intra company transfer, NOC Skill A) work permit through my company. I have completed my one year in CANADA. I can see the points of one year experience added to my profile, but I do not see 50 points for LMIA. What could be the reason?
Are you able to see the 50 points. I am also facing same problem, 50 LMIA exempt point is not added in CRS score.