+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry & PNP

DS14

Feb 21, 2023
Hi Experts,

Hope everyone is doing great!

At present working on contract position in Ontario and submitted our EOI, in the meantime if we happened to get a Job Offer (Permanent) in NB can get the 600 points for employment offer ? and in case if permanent role is offered in Ontario are we eligible for OINP

Please advice.

Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Experts,

Hope everyone is doing great!

At present working on contract position in Ontario and submitted our EOI, in the meantime if we happened to get a Job Offer (Permanent) in NB can get the 600 points for employment offer ? and in case if permanent role is offered in Ontario are we eligible for OINP

Please advice.

Thanks in advance!
1. What OINP program are you eligible for on a contract position?
2. What NB PNP program? Is the employer eligible and designated? Right now you have to be in New Brunswick and have 6 months experience with the employer.

. No new ITAs will be issued to any out-of-province or overseas candidates whose job offer is in NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4. [Candidates in these TEER categories should speak with their New Brunswick Employer about other available pathways, including the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP)].

DS14

Feb 21, 2023
OINP - yes I am on contract however there are chances as they have mentioned that they are considering me for a full time position - so in that case OINP will work ?

PNP - If any prospective employer can fill an employer form in INB can we use that in our express entry ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
OINP - yes I am on contract however there are chances as they have mentioned that they are considering me for a full time position - so in that case OINP will work ?

PNP - If any prospective employer can fill an employer form in INB can we use that in our express entry ?
Employer must be eligible and still need to be nominated so check score and draws - https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-2

NB - Is employer eligible. Read the requirements. On the NB site - . No new ITAs will be issued to any out-of-province or overseas candidates whose job offer is in NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4. [Candidates in these TEER categories should speak with their New Brunswick Employer about other available pathways, including the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP)].

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

DS14

Feb 21, 2023
In both the cases OINP current employer is eligible and PNP the employer name is in List of Designated Employer list. Will get to know about NB offer in 10 days

In the mean time we wanted to be in the pool so submitted our Express entry in Oct

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In both the cases OINP current employer is eligible and PNP the employer name is in List of Designated Employer list. Will get to know about NB offer in 10 days

In the mean time we wanted to be in the pool so submitted our Express entry in Oct
So what OINP stream? You need to look at AIP, not NB as they are not issuing ITAs

DS14

Feb 21, 2023
Hi Experts,

Please advise on the OINP Employer Offer Tech Draw frequency and also chances for NOC code 21221 with 62 points.
They picked this NOC in Jan 2024 so how we can know that this NOC code will be there in Feb and subsequent months. And the score at present mine is 62.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Experts,

Please advise on the OINP Employer Offer Tech Draw frequency and also chances for NOC code 21221 with 62 points.
They picked this NOC in Jan 2024 so how we can know that this NOC code will be there in Feb and subsequent months. And the score at present mine is 62.
There is no set frequency. You will not know if NOC will be selected again with your score. All you can do is read past draws and what NOCs and scores were selected. You will know if selected if contacted. Assume you have created and submitted EOI to OINP. Your employer is willing to support your nomination, meets criteria and willing to offer full time permanent position.